5-Watt Guitar Amplifier, Portable Recorder, and USB Audio Interface

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
For $13.99, this seems interesting!

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p...MI0-jiw5-B2wIVlP5kCh2ixABaEAQYAiABEgL-UPD_BwE

I received it a few minutes ago, and have started to check out its features. So far I have tested the guitar amplifier. It took a few minutes to "get organized", as it requires an electron microscope to read the manual. :confused:

At first I thought that it was too distorted, after plugging in my Gretsch 2622, until I turned down the volume pot on my guitar. That took care of that problem very nicely. The sound is good, and I cannot turn the little amplifiers volume pot up all the way as it hurts my ears! :eek:

Next step: Charge the batteries! That was interesting. You have to have the unit turned on to charge it. There are two indicators that illuminate to indicate the state of charge. It will be interesting to see how long a full charge will last. I took it out of the box, used it for an hour, and the two indicator lamps were on, which means that I had at least a 50% charge remaining. Who knows what the charge state was when I received it?

Now I will be going to the store to get an SD card, to play some backing tracks and to record using this little machine.

I purchased this little box to see what it could do, as far as being a guitar amplifier, MP3 player, and recorder. It might be a real easy way to record something, put it on my computer, and do some editing. That interests me.

So far I would give this 5 stars out of 5. :cool::):Beer:

Tom

Attachments

• 6117001.jpg
    6117001.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Cleotis

Boiled Eggs Rock
I couldn't find, on the web page, where it explicitly noted it as a tube amp or a solid state amp. But I bought one anyway. Item, tax, and shipping was less than $19. You gave it 5 stars so far, you can record to an SD card, and it has a belt clip. Hard to pass up for less than $20. We'll see if it's a Man's amp or not when it gets here and the guitar with the Nazgul/Sentient pickup set is plugged into it.

Thanks for the heads-up on the deal!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
For $13.99, this seems interesting!

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p...MI0-jiw5-B2wIVlP5kCh2ixABaEAQYAiABEgL-UPD_BwE

I received it a few minutes ago, and have started to check out its features. So far I have tested the guitar amplifier. It took a few minutes to "get organized", as it requires an electron microscope to read the manual. :confused:

At first I thought that it was too distorted, after plugging in my Gretsch 2622, until I turned down the volume pot on my guitar. That took care of that problem very nicely. The sound is good, and I cannot turn the little amplifiers volume pot up all the way as it hurts my ears! :eek:

Next step: Charge the batteries! That was interesting. You have to have the unit turned on to charge it. There are two indicators that illuminate to indicate the state of charge. It will be interesting to see how long a full charge will last. I took it out of the box, used it for an hour, and the two indicator lamps were on, which means that I had at least a 50% charge remaining. Who knows what the charge state was when I received it?

Now I will be going to the store to get an SD card, to play some backing tracks and to record using this little machine.

I purchased this little box to see what it could do, as far as being a guitar amplifier, MP3 player, and recorder. It might be a real easy way to record something, put it on my computer, and do some editing. That interests me.

So far I would give this 5 stars out of 5. :cool::):Beer:

Tom

I've had one of those for a couple of years. There is a setting that you can use to switch it from the distortion to clean channel but for some reason mine always defaults to the distortion, which is a bit much. I keep mine at my office with a strat for occasional practice as a headphone amp. The recording feature works pretty well. If you plug the recorder into your computer via USB, you can then access it's SD card like a flash drive for quick and easy transfer. Having MP3s on the SD card also works pretty well for play along with backing tracks or with some of Griff's lessons.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I have one too. The first one I received had a "buzz" that was mechanical and not the electronic distortion. I returned it and got another one. I have doubts about the 5W rating which is more than my microcube.

You can load backing tracks on to a SD card and it also has a Aux input that you can play along with. I haven't tried recording but if I remember some reviews you can't record playing along with tracks. I could be wrong about that.

For less than $20 it's a cute gadget.

Has internal rechargable battery through USB so no buying batteries.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I loaded Griff's 29 backing tracks into it and took it to Arrowhead. Ended up not using it much, but there was a lot going on.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
You can't record both with a banking that is on the sd card, but it will record both guitar and backing track if the backing track is on the aux input. The recording qualityis just ok, but definitely good enough for capturing ideas or traking progress.

I had meant to bring mine to arrowhead but forgot to bring it home from work.

I bought one of these about a year ago, usually using it as a headphone amp on trips when I can take a guitar. It is rare that I use the built in speaker, and I haven’t tried recording through it yet. I do routinely play backing tracks using the aux port and confirm that works well. It can go from clean to overdriven distortion quickly using the onboard controls so it has been useful to keep practicing a range of styles. Regarding battery life I’ve never exhausted it so don’t know the life. I once played for three hours and it was still showing full charge. For me, it has been a very good value.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I went on line to the Monoprice web site and downloaded a copy of the users manual (PDF), which makes it so much easier to read! :)

I have to make time to get out and about to get a micro SD card, to try out the features that card allows.

This line from the manual is interesting: "Do not drop or throw the amp. Do not jump up and down on the amp with hobnailed boots. Doing so could damage the amp and render it inoperable." If I wear my combat boots instead of hobnailed boots, then I take it that no harm will come to the amp? o_O

I knew there was a reason I saved my combat boots! ;)

Tom

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I went on line to the Monoprice web site and downloaded a copy of the users manual (PDF), which makes it so much easier to read! :)

I have to make time to get out and about to get a micro SD card, to try out the features that card allows.

This line from the manual is interesting: "Do not drop or throw the amp. Do not jump up and down on the amp with hobnailed boots. Doing so could damage the amp and render it inoperable." If I wear my combat boots instead of hobnailed boots, then I take it that no harm will come to the amp? o_O

I knew there was a reason I saved my combat boots! ;)

Tom

Obviously, that's the fine print that they use to get out of warranty claims!