Talk about STUPIDITY: I win.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I'm taking the chrome wheel well trim off my 72 Javelin Muscle car so I can sand it and paint it
All the screws came out BUT ONE. So I heat that sucker up and spray it down with DW-40 then I heat it up again with my torch, next thing I know the inside of the wheel well catches on fire because I had coated it with that RUST PROOF/SOUND PROOF Permatex asphalt spray. I'm going crazy trying to stop this fire. (if it get's any bigger it's gonna burn my car up and my insurance company don't cover STUPID). So I get that stopped---I thought every thing was COOL---DUH--YEAH RIGHT---
So I reach up and try to unscrew the screw with my left had fingers---and literally "BRANDED" my first 3 fingers. I got blisters on them that I can't even describe. I can't even touch them....
But to look at it from a positive side----at least they will be calloused enough to where I can move up to heavier strings once they heal.:thumbdown::thumbup::thumbdown::thumbup::thumbdown:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I TAKE ALL THAT BACK----I just watched CBS 6:00 news----they were doing a story on the volcano in Hawaii----they interview this dude from California that had lost his house during the wildfires---this friggin' idiot takes the insurance $$$$ and bought a house in Hawaii on the volcano and lost it all.
Insurance don't cover volcano eruptions----DUH_DUH_DUH _DUH. Now that's got me beat by ALONG WAY.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Just think of the great stories you're creating.
Time to write a book , "Stupid Stuff, Great Life", the memoir of a normal guy.
Heal up fast and keep your guitar fingers out of danger.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Hey Capn; My life would be a bunch of "short stories". But pretty intrestting. As for normal a guy I don't know about that????? I went to see my Phyciatrist this morning she told me I was O.K.-then rolled her eyes back in her head and looked out the window.....That works for me.
As for the fingers they will be alright...:):):)

patb

Blues Junior
Just think of the great stories you're creating.
Time to write a book , "Stupid Stuff, Great Life", the memoir of a normal guy.
Heal up fast and keep your guitar fingers out of danger.
I think that has been covered under a Darwin title. I'm not even sure why I'm still alive. See, as a child there was this Christmas tree on small town America Main St. with a bulb missing so standing in the slush I looked into the socket and ......... yeah. Hell, I didn't even drink then.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I think that has been covered under a Darwin title. I'm not even sure why I'm still alive. See, as a child there was this Christmas tree on small town America Main St. with a bulb missing so standing in the slush I looked into the socket and ......... yeah. Hell, I didn't even drink then.
That must have been a "SHOCKING EXPERIENCE".

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
So I reach up and try to unscrew the screw with my left had fingers---and literally "BRANDED" my first 3 fingers. I got blisters on them that I can't even describe. I can't even touch them....
Reminds me of a time about 20 years ago. I was working on a pecan orchard at the time. We were laying a couple of concrete pads for a new sorting plant, and I got assigned to cut the rebar for it. Didn't have the right disc to do it, so I was using the torch. Besides, the torch made it quick and easy. Wasn't wearing gloves either because I had left them in the tractor on the other side of the barn. I cut the first piece, and then reached down to pick it up for some reason. Didn't take me long to look at that piece of rebar. My hand stayed bandaged for a couple of weeks. Branded myself pretty good. I can still tell where it is (because I know where I burned myself), but it has finally faded and looks like the rest of my hand again. For probably 15 years you could see the rebar pattern in my hand.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Is this a “stupid contest”? I’m sitting at home tonight, after three days in the hospital, with three broken ribs, broken scapula, and MAJORLY broken collarbone from chopper accident Tuesday night - my fault as I know these choppers don’t stop as quickly as cars in stop-and-go traffic... :(

Kevin

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Is this a “stupid contest”? I’m sitting at home tonight, after three days in the hospital, with three broken ribs, broken scapula, and MAJORLY broken collarbone from chopper accident Tuesday night - my fault as I know these choppers don’t stop as quickly as cars in stop-and-go traffic... :(

Kevin

Damn Kev...take care of yourself!

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Sorry to hear that Kevin, take care of yourself. A lifetime rider myself I can preach caution till the cows come home, but sometimes fun just hurts.
Yes I'm repeating myself here but bones heal on steak and milk, not beer and pizza. ;)

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Sorry to hear that Kev. My last accident was exactly the oposite. Sports bikes stop too quickly. Wasn't paying enough attention in slow traffic on a motorway. Realised the car in front had stopped so hit the breaks in a bit of a panic. Hit them so damned hard the forks bottomed out (heavy old ZZR1100 with terrible soft front forks) the front wheel folded and I was body surfing down the road. The car in front pulled off without ever knowing anything happened. Luckily I got away with a few bruises and a broken finger. I got a letter off the nice Constabulary saying they wern't going to prosecute. As I can't see what road traffic vialation I broke it must have been for stupidity:oops::rolleyes:

get well soon mate.

Al.

Larry H.

Mojo Enabled

Kevin
Sorry to hear that Kevin. Heal up and get the rubber side back down.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Ouch, Kevin! All the best for a quick recovery.

I rode back when I lived in Tucson (where a bike was viable transport weather-wise). We used to say there are two kinds of riders: those who are gonna go down, and those who are gonna go down again.

You’ll be back in the saddle in no time! :Beer:

tommytubetone

Great Lakes

Kevin
Well that sucks Kev!

patb

Blues Junior
Damn Kev. You MAJORLY screwed the pooch on that one. I hope you have some help lined up as those ribs are gonna give you misery for about 3 weeks. Are you getting a bionic collar bone? Keep it shiny side up Bud. I'll be thinking about you.
Pat

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
572122D5-4E71-4EE9-BB79-AB7EF8A6F44F.jpeg

Mostly flesh wounds on forehead and left shoulder...

The ribs hurt, the scapula Hurts, and the collarbone HURTS!

I’m alternating oxycodone and Percocet every three hours, with muscle relaxers every six hours.

Am slightly improved in the last couple days, but left arm in a sling and totally immobile for at least a couple weeks.

Appreciate the sentiment, gang - am working through it and will recover 100% within three months so not doing too bad...

Kevin