Strat or Tele?

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
My favorite comedic team is Laurel and Hardy. I first saw them when I was 5, and still love them. Lots of good memories: The piano being delivered up the long flight of stairs, and the Gypsy trailer, where Laurel is filling wine bottles come to mind. :)

Tom
The piano delivery is my pick too! Damn that is funny!

I say get both if you can. Some of your decision should be about the tone you are looking for. They are different.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I got a Strat Elite and love it. I got it around 40 yrs after my last electric guitar.:confused: I do fancy a Tele as well though. (Hope I don't have to wait as long for it):whistle: I also fancy a B&G Little Sister, a 339 and a Gretsch of some kind. Let me see now, at my current rate of purchase that means I'll be around 220 yrs old when I get the Gretsch. (Hope the arthritis stays away):D

Last edited:

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
An abomination in the sight of THE LORD!

c71d1bcd96a681c2e613796f4ad4099e.jpg

Details here: http://blog.napervillemusic.com/telecaster-event

Kevin

Telypaul

Blues Newbie
My option would be Tele, when you look at people who have started out on and use Tele's and love them its a no brainer.

Over the years I have had many different guitars started out with Hoffner in later life I latched onto a JV Strat and was my goto for many years, I got into country and had to have a Tele so I built one from a kit and loved it, once I had put some better pups on it. I now have 3 Teles Squire CVC, a home build from parts and a standard MIM Tele (hated the pups and modern player bridge so swapped them out to a fender ashtray and Iron Gear pups and its now good) I think my CVC is my goto I loaded it with Iron Gear pups and it’s just fine. Although I still have my JV Strat I rarely play it.

After saying all that I would try a few of both, no 2 are the same and no 2 people are the same.

Have fun Paul.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I don't think I understand the question. Why would you even consider a Tele when you could get a Strat?

Sincerely,
a guy with 5 Strats and 1 Tele

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I refuse to admit that such an animal exists. Just call it the Strelecaster. This is just wrong. It hurts my eyes to look at this guitar. It's kind of growing on me. It actually doesn't look that bad. Where did you say I could get one of these?

Man, you beat me to almost the exact same response!