Mechanics

Annie

On my way
I have been trying to come up with something to practice that I can do with my picking hand while my other one heals up. I was thinking something like alternate picking slant picking and things like that. I have learned a lot of techniques but I think the reason they don't sound very good is that I can not make them happen. Not that I can make much happen right now after my surgery.( no chords -no licks) I don't really have much patience for the fretboard practice.:oops: I wonder if Griff has any lessons on mechanics.Can you find these kinds of things somewhere throughout the different courses? If not it would be a great small course to have. Does anyone know where to find something like that? I do have many of Griff's courses already.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Cool, Annie! Glad to see your still at it! Just a thought, I recently picked up my acoustic and tried to do nothing but finger picking style. My right hand was sore within 15 minutes. I convinced myself to just pick very simply, but steadily, through a simple 4 chord progression. It’s really tough when you don’t practice it all time.
Maybe just finger picking for you?

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I thought your last post was that you had a degerative disease that was not curable. Now you've had surgery. So if you come back that's great!

Annie

On my way
I thought your last post was that you had a degenerative disease that was not curable. Now you've had surgery. So if you come back that's great!

Not degenerative and not curable but with the surgery now I can play without pain and the possibility that my tendons could rupture. There is 90% success rate and very rarely comes back.I will have to wait and see when I get all healed up but I am hoping for the best.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
It is is good to see you are still playing Annie. How about Griff's "Pentatonic Scales & Technique Mastery"?
Great course.

Kommetjie

Blues Newbie
I have been trying to come up with something to practice that I can do with my picking hand while my other one heals up..

Annie,
Have you considered some form of slide guitar playing while your fretting hand recuperates?
Either standard bottleneck or lap steel/dobro/pedal steel-style?

Annie

On my way
Annie,
Have you considered some form of slide guitar playing while your fretting hand recuperates?
Either standard bottleneck or lap steel/dobro/pedal steel-style?

I thought I was going to play the Dobro for the next month while I get the strength back in my finger but the Bar hit the exact spot the surgery was. So that idea didn't work out so well. I am able to play some lead now though. I am not able to do bar chords or even open chords yet. The slide with an open turning might work. I will try that.