2018 BGU NE Jam V is official !!!!!

Gibsongirl

Gibsongirl
Thanks for the insights, GG! Might I ask your favorite Gibson rides? As a relative n00b to these parts I don't have a lot of context with the regulars. :Beer:

On the jams...will there be room for some of us upstarts who don't have soloing chops yet? I can handle a passable rhythm stint in 12 bar in about any key. I'd like to have some soloing progress to report by then but the business life may or may not co-operate with my desire for practice time.
Absolutely Mark, There is always room. You're off to a great start if you're already playing a 12 bar form in the usual keys. Don't worry about soloing (but you;ve got time to get one under your fingers.). Taker a look at some of the video from BGU Live 2017,16,15..... That will give you a good idea what to expect. Maybe start with a slow solo for Thrill is Gone. (for example) There's a lesson in one of Griff's books if you're using that format.
No worries, this is THE place to get your feet wet.
Looking forward to meeting you!
GibsonGirl

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Timing isn't working out. I forgot we had planned a get together with a bunch of friends (including attending a Journey concert) so I'm afraid I'll miss it.
Hopefully next time, I'd love to plan a vacation around it as I'm not familiar with the area.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
You folks who haven't been to the Adirondacks, I predict you're in for a treat. IMNSDHO it's one of the wonders of the world, in any season. Summer just happens to be one of my favorites. :Beer:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I totally understand if, for any reason, the NE jam isn't feasible. I had to bow out of California this year, it just wasn't in the budget.
For those of you on the fence, permit me to share a few enticements. I don't want to give out all the surprises, but this should wet your appetite.
Thursday: Blues Jam at a local tavern. (Lawrence Street Tavern) 7- 11 pm. This is a well run blues jam, and a great opportunity to play with local professional musicians. Everyone gets a chance to play, usually a 40- 50 min set if you should so desire. Depending on how many musicians show up, you can usually count on getting "on stage" at least twice. Great group of guys, very supportive, and have helped me in my journey immeasurably. If we get a good turnout, I'll spring for pizzas.
Friday and Saturday,all day, we have full access to a brand new renovation theater. (The Strand; in Hudson Falls, NY) For those of you familiar with the area, picture the Palace Theater in Albany, just a bit smaller. State of the art sound and lighting, a huge stage, great acoustics, I could go on and on. Friday and Saturday night, I'm trying to schedule a "concert" of sorts, a chance to see the local pros show their stuff, and hopefully give everyone a chance to do an "all star jam", akin to playing a song with Griff and his band in California.
Might do a Master Class if folks are interested: 2 hours/ 25$ with Hui Cox (A fabulous teacher, Grammy nominated producer, toured with the Temptations and has played the Royal Albert Hall).
Would also like to do a cruise on Lake George; (if folks are interested), bearing in mind that we all want to play, and my efforts will be towards maximizing those opportunities.
My husband has been known to brew a tasty libation, I'll see what he can bring to entice this crowd.
I hope to have hotel info within the next week or so.
Cowboy and I look forward to welcoming you all this summer; it will be a great opportunity to play the blues and spend some time with really good friends.
GibsonGirl.
Hey GG,
I won't be attending but, I thought I'd say..............Well Done!:Beer:

Gunrunner

Blues and Bird Dogs
I’m in! Many thanks to Kathleen, Craig and Cowboy for making this a reality, can’t wait... The cruise will convince my pretty little wife to join me, and that will also give me a designated driver... everybody wins :Beer:!