BETA ANNOUNCEMENT: Try Out The New Member Portal

Sarnies

Blues Newbie
Trying to sign into my member portal but the ‘sign in’ link isn’t working. Anyone else having similar problems?

Chris

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
You might be signed in already. Try going to "My Courses" on the top menu bar

Ddbltrbl

Blues Newbie
I am unable to login! I can login to the forum (obviously) and I can login thru the old portal page, but when I login to the beta portal and enter the same user name and password I get the message "Incorrect Login". Using Win 10 w/ Chrome on desktop.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I am unable to login! I can login to the forum (obviously) and I can login thru the old portal page, but when I login to the beta portal and enter the same user name and password I get the message "Incorrect Login". Using Win 10 w/ Chrome on desktop.
If you try DVS' link above and still have a problem You should message Griff (Help desk doesn't know anything about the new portal yet while it is in Beta. To message @Griff click the letter Icon in the upper right of your screen then "Start A Conversation" and Add Griff to the participants.

Larry H.

Mojo Enabled
I noted that sometimes the sign in page doesn't have a space to sign in. However, it let's me in. Not sure what's happening there.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I noted that sometimes the sign in page doesn't have a space to sign in. However, it let's me in. Not sure what's happening there.
If you don't get those spaces it means you're already signed in and can go directly up to My Courses. What I haven't figured out is "How do you ever sign out?" I get in whether I'm signed in to the forum or not. And I actually don't remember ever signing in. I just went to My Courses the first time I got the sign in page with no spaces. I think I'm perpetually signed in.o_O:unsure:

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I logged in as you without issue, so it's not a username/password issue.

Griff

Griff

Staff member
If you don't get those spaces it means you're already signed in and can go directly up to My Courses. What I haven't figured out is "How do you ever sign out?" I get in whether I'm signed in to the forum or not. And I actually don't remember ever signing in. I just went to My Courses the first time I got the sign in page with no spaces. I think I'm perpetually signed in.o_O:unsure:
Under "My Profile" is the "Log Out" option.

Griff

Staff member
Also it depends on your browser settings. My browsers delete all the stored logins and stuff with every time I close the browser. So I can't stay logged in to any site, anywhere.

Blues56

Blues is the word!
Between one viewing and another - it changed! And boy, what a change! It looks really good. I am sure that there will be "issues", but as a first run at it, I think it has a great deal going for it - from a visual aesthetic if nothing else!! I will check out the functionality as time goes, but I really appreciate the looping facility. Now that is way cool!!! Thanks Griff, great work.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I just gotta say: TOR! (GOAL!).

Thus far every time I've tried to access the site for lessons it's worked a treat, and as someone who works with graphic designers almost daily I love the icon designs and the site layout.

Home run, ran the table, returned the kickoff for a touchdown, albatross on a par 4: pick your metaphor. The site design rocks. :Beer:

JeffreyS

You are never to old to learn something new.
Haven't read every post so if i am repeating forgive me please. The practice generator will not allow allow me to link to a lesson on the web (not a lesson on you tube or from Griff) the old version would link to this same lesson (by link i mean give the pop up questions that determine how to prioritize the material.

Griff

Staff member
Haven't read every post so if i am repeating forgive me please. The practice generator will not allow allow me to link to a lesson on the web (not a lesson on you tube or from Griff) the old version would link to this same lesson (by link i mean give the pop up questions that determine how to prioritize the material.
@StratGuy949 I *think* that's been fixed. Would you give it another try for me?

Also, I believe we now have all of the little TV icons pointing to the right place so if you find any that are out of whack, please let me know.

Thanks everyone, your input has been invaluable!

Sleprock

Trying to learn at 50!
After several months of working on this, it's about 90% done and I'm both excited to share this with you - and a little nervous that it'll break :whistle:

Nearly every single video in every single course has been re-rendered to be in HD, including the downloads. Videos that were previously broken up into many small videos are now complete since this new platform is able to handle them.

So, if you'd like to use it, I welcome you under 2 conditions:

1 - Understand that you may find some things that are not quite right yet. I hope that you'll let me know about those things here (DO NOT EMAIL THE HELPDESK ABOUT THE NEW MEMBER PORTAL as they will have NO idea what you're talking about and will probably think you mean the old one and give you some bizarre answer and run around on a wild goose chase... please don't.)

If you find something odd (access issues, formatting on certain devices, etc.) please just leave a comment on this thread and I can use it as a bug list.

2 - It will likely change from day-to-day. Not much, at this point, but as I continue to make progress things will adjust here and there.

BUG REPORT FORMAT:
If you find something that doesn't work right, I have to be able to reproduce it in order to solve it. So please, outline the steps that you took to cause the error carefully so that I can reproduce it. In particular, your platform (tablet, phone, computer, OS, versions, browser, etc.) and anything else you think that might be remotely helpful.

SUGGESTIONS:
I'm open to suggestions, but don't be hurt if I don't implement them right away. For one thing, they may be difficult, and for another, one person's ideal situation is very different from another.

At the end of the day I have 2 primary objectives:
1 - To make your experience learning with me as effective and as fun as it can be for you.
2 - To make my experience teaching you as effective and as fun as it can be for me :)

I love what I do, and I'm thankful that I get to share my enthusiasm for playing guitar with all of you. So if I can find a way to get the information out of my head, and in front of you in a better way, then I'm on it.

There is more to come. Practice Generator 2.0 is on the horizon with more features and a slick new interface. I'll be keeping you posted but let's get this new membership area rolled out first :)

You can get to it here:
https://bluesguitarunleashed.com/members/login

Let me know how you like it!
I could not sign in to it, Griff

OrmondS

Blues Newbie
Very nice!! I have been using the beta approx. 2 hours daily since its Mar 14th release. Especially like the loop function and access to courses.