100 Classic Blues Licks for Guitar

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
https://www.amazon.com/100-Classic-...words=blues guitar licks?tag=wwwfundamen0f-20

This is a nice study of specific Blues Guitarists. Pick and choose whom and what you like.

T-Bone Walker

Elmore James

Albert King

B.B. King

Albert Collins

Freddie King

Otis Rush

Buddy Guy

Roy Buchanan

Jimi Hendrix

Mike Bloomfield

Johnny Winter

Eric Clapton

Peter Green

Rory Gallagher

Gary Moore

Robben Ford

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Joe Bonamassa

Derek Trucks

Tom

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Looks like it was just recently published and no comments on Amazon.

And the Hear it! link doesn't work

Silicon Valley Tom

I am not aware of the "Hear It"! link. You can download all the audio files - 20 backing tracks, 100 licks, and two solos from this link:

http://www.fundamental-changes.com/download-audio-choose-instrument/download-audio-files/

Basically, you have five licks from each of the twenty guitarists listed in my original post, which you can play against the corresponding backing tracks. From there you can modify, add, subtract, or change anything you want, to suit yourself, within the context of a 12 bar blues. Personally, I am really enjoying this, and my family might have a problem getting me away from the guitar before Christmas! :):Beer:

Tom

Last edited:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I picked up a similar Kindle book from the same author a couple years ago, consisting of a collection of licks from a variety of genres. I really liked it and still use a number of the licks I learned from it.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
There is also this one:
200 Blues Licks (Guitar Licks Goldmine). It's only $15.
I have it and have looked at it very minimally. But it looks good and the instructors seem to do what they are doing.

The obvious nice thing about yours, Tom, is that they are actual licks from the masters.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Downloading the audio files now.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Silicon Valley Tom

I do like this book, and it allows me to explore those guitarists that I am interested in. From there, you can explore where those licks can and will take you. A lot of work went into this book. For me, it is a good tool.

Tom

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
I've always been interested in T-Bone Walker. Many years ago someone told me that his style was difficult and complex. I've found that I understand it and don't see the difficulty at all. Back in the 1970's I remember thinking that it was embarrassingly simple in overview.

Tom, what do you have to say about the our difference in perception of a guitar style?

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Randy S

Blues Junior
I have this. The licks are very good, the instructor explains them and puts them in context oincluding showing which chords the go over, and also provides audio files so you can hear the lick. A good resource for a very reasonable price. I also recently picked his Rock Rhythm book which is a great compliment to the rhythm stuff that Gruff teaches in CRGU.