It's supposed to get up to -14 F by 9 am!

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
It's supposed to get up to -14 F by 9 am here!:mad::eek: Horses are fed. So until feeding them tonight I think I'll start the new year by alternating watching bowl games and practicing guitar all day!

Happy New Year to all my blues fans friends!

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Well it's a heat wave here in the STL area compared to Omaha...I woke up to -5F. Stay warm!
Gee Whiz-----guys I don't know what to say-----Maybe we should have a 3 month Blues Jam in Yuma, Az. next year.
It is still a little chilly out there for me today they say it's suppose to get to 63 degrees but so far it's only 54---(now that's a cold shot). Sorry I couldn't resist it guys. Later:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Take care.

Steve.W

Blues Newbie
I feel for you guys, I can't image living in those conditions. I guess you get used to it - sort of. The coldest I've ever been is 4C (39F) in the middle of winter. All rugged up at that too :D

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Gee Whiz-----guys I don't know what to say-----Maybe we should have a 3 month Blues Jam in Yuma, Az. next year.
It is still a little chilly out there for me today they say it's suppose to get to 63 degrees but so far it's only 54---(now that's a cold shot). Sorry I couldn't resist it guys. Later:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Take care.
It was 63 today in Sunnyvale. We complain it is too cold. :cool:

My cousin Mike, called me today and told me it was 69 in Sonora, at the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

We have not had much rain this rainy season, and it looks like there will not be much in the future. The good news, according to the weather person: "Northern California has enough snowpack to supply Southern California, with all the water they need". I have heard that before! They ration us and let L.A. fill its swimming pools, while they laugh at us. :ROFLMAO: Oh yes, L.A. was 71 today.

Tom

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
-23F officially at the airport this morning. Broke the current record for this date which was -19F. I had -18F on the shed thermometer when I left for work at 6:30 this morning. Checked the studio on my way out, and it was a cozy 68F and 50% humidity.

I no longer have horses or cattle to worry about, just me an momma, and I have plenty of firewood.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
-40? The Air Force sent me to a few places where that was considered a "warm day"! :cautious:

Tom

Heh. Coldest time I experienced in uniform was in Korea, when a few times I'd be walking to the base from my "hooch in the ville" for a mid shift when it was close to -50F out. Parka hood zipped down to tunnel vision mode. I went from there to Tucson: big change!

My son just finished a tour in Minot so I've heard lots of things about cold winters. Now he's near Sacramento and lots happier with the weather.

Silicon Valley Tom

Heh. Coldest time I experienced in uniform was in Korea, when a few times I'd be walking to the base from my "hooch in the ville" for a mid shift when it was close to -50F out. Parka hood zipped down to tunnel vision mode. I went from there to Tucson: big change!

My son just finished a tour in Minot so I've heard lots of things about cold winters. Now he's near Sacramento and lots happier with the weather.
Minot, North Dakota! That is one of the places I inspected. I mentioned in another post how they had a band of red tape on power poles, to indicate the 20 foot mark for snow fall! That trip was 1966. I could write a book on each of my inspection trips! We had survival gear, including a special Parka, gloves (with wool liners) and other goodies. One place they sent us was nearly -50, with a 90 mph wind. They would not allow us to go outside to inspect for the week we were there. The storm let up on the day we got to leave. Very thoughtful of mother nature! :)

Tucson! Lord have mercy! Just a bit of a weather change! :eek:

Tom

The Reverend

Blues Newbie
I think it's 6 here. The only thing nice about the cold and snow is, now I don't feel bad about watching the courses.

Silicon Valley Tom

The Air Force Barracks at Minot, were two story structures, with steep peaked roofs. They had a foundation of about three feet off the ground, and each floor was about 10' high. There was a door (full size) the threshold of which began at the top of the second floor, and extended into the peaked roof. It really looked crazy, to see doors so high above the ground. How do you get to the door? :confused:

The guys stationed there showed me pictures of the previous winter (I visited October, 1966). The snow covered the second floor windows, and to get to the chow hall, you simply walked across the snow, into the door of the chow hall (above the second floor), and down a ladder to the first floor of the chow hall. It made me a believer! I even investigated the ladder in the chow hall. The Air Force always picked the "best places" for a Radar Station, or Air Force Base! :)

Tom