De Quervain's Disease

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Annie, I'm soo sorry to hear this. being deprived of the ability to play would be registering, but maybe you and can work on vocals? That way you won't entirely lose the ability to perform.

Annie

On my way
Thanks everyone for all your kind thoughts. I have been thinking about what else I could do for playing an instrument. I kinda think a little slide goes a long way and I don't really like lap steel. Oh and harmonica....I am not really fond of anything that involves slobbers...:eek:. I could get the surgery or even get the shots again. It is hard to decide. There are some pretty bad complications if it is not treated that can cause loss of movement or loss of feeling. I feel a lot of sadness and confusion. I can sing though and the people I am jamming with have me singing at least a third of the songs. Maybe they won't miss my guitar so much. But damn, I was just getting pretty good at doing the train rhythm.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Well, Annie, the shots are probably only a temporary Band-Aid.
As for blues harp, well, shoot ... just learn to not slobber! :whistle: If you learn to play blues harp you would be one lady in very high demand! Now, if we were suggesting that you learn to play blues tuba, maybe slobber would be an issue. :)

Last edited:

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Sorry to hear Annie . Wishing you well in your course of treatment. Keep searching for an outlet for your creative side. Life is bitter sweet and this is definitely a bitter pill. Vocals,slide and writing will never replace playing but they will help in your recovery . Best of luck to you please stay involved with the forum otherwise we’ll miss you.;)

TerryH

Blues Newbie
I’m really sorry to hear that Annie. It is just horrible when illness or injury stops you doing something you love. I don’t know if this a helpful suggestion, but if everything else fails, would it be possible to learn another instrument? You always come across as a very musical person. One of my friends developed arthritis quite badly at an unusually young age, but she is able to play a keyboard.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Annie, I tend to use the "New Posts" function of the forums which doesn't include lounge posts(?) so I missed this. So sorry to hear about your ailment. Continue making music, you have a good voice.