Fender Stratocaster

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Just a little bit into P90's, right SD? Didn't you recently get a new P90 guitar? How's it going with that new one?

See you down the road! :thumbup:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Just a little bit into P90's, right SD? Didn't you recently get a new P90 guitar? How's it going with that new one?

well technically two......

I had all the upgrades done to my old Epiphone Les Paul,including some Porter h90's (Their humbucker sized p90)......very much in love with them, they are so clean, you can hear every note, they really shine with a light touch of dirt from a pedal. I had never done a pick up upgrade before, so I had no clue the differences, there were just things I didnt know, that I didnt know

And I took the advice from a member on another thread, I had some cheaper guitars ( for when friends or friends kids wanted to play), traded two in on the epiphone wildkat with p90's.

Its a different animal, it likes dirt, has a deeper sound, very very cool instrument. I am not sure it would be a gig guitar, but maybe a better player could get more versatility out of it, but for blues stuff , I like it a ton, and strangely,abuddy who is a mostly jazz player, really made it sparkle

The hard part, it has a thick neck, and I never used a bigsby before.......so I am learning

Now with the strat, I think I have gone up a level in gear, been playing it all week and enjoying it, just had to learn to adjust the tone knob some

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
The P90's go back to the 1950's, maybe the 1940's. A lot jazz players used them. The Blues player that comes to mind is T Bone Walker. I believe he started with P90's. I could be wrong. I had a nice Gibson with P90's in the 1970's. It sounded great. I played mostly T Bone Walker on it.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Never tried them (maybe I should have). The Godin I just bought was available with P90s but I just naturally went for humbuckers with which I am familiar.