To trade or not to trade?

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Up, down, side trade. Doesn't matter as long as you're happier about what you have than what you got rid of! Everyone needs at least one (or five) Strats!

exactly........in guitars I dont believe in a trade up or down, its more about what speaks to you and what puts a smile on your face

joeblues27

Blues with feeling
I just got 2 new guitars........................maybe I traded down, maybe I didnt

Epiphone wildkat - traded my 3 year old 339 and my 5 year old les paul epi, and like $35 bucks or something and got the new one. Couple of friends said I was crazy on a 2 for 1, but I am happy.

Used Fender Staratocaster HSS - this one was used, I had a epiphone sg 400 pro, I just never enjoyed I bought new, another $25 and my sg, I brought the strat home today

I never bothered with what the dollars were, I got some things I liked and wanted
Glad things workred out for you!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I love my ASAT as well. For a reason I can't explain, it is always the first one I pick up to play.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Love the color of that one. That's not a semi-hollow body though is it? Looks like it has the arm rest, and no f-hole.
That's pretty much the same color as my MIM Strat ... that I can never get to show up that color with my camera. Love the color. Here's a pic of the color I found on the web thingy.winebodyCU.jpg
And here is what mine looks like today ... as best that I can photograph it.
MP3tag.jpg

Attachments

• Full Pic.jpg
    Full Pic.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

straightblues

Blues Junior
Trade if you want, or sell it and buy something else so you won't lose cash value.

Certain guitars are special. If I find a special guitar I buy it. Cost isn't as important to me as is owning the "right" guitar. I don't think in terms of the money for the guitar, I think in terms of the specialness of the guitar.

I know a touring pro who uses a Squier Strat. He has changed to logo to Fender but it is a $200 guitar. I have played it and it is truly amazing. Amazing guitars are available at almost every price point. You just have to take the time to find them. Obviously it is a lot hard to find an amazing $200 Strat than it is to find an amazing $3,000 custom shop Strat.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
I know a touring pro who uses a Squier Strat. He has changed to logo to Fender but it is a $200 guitar. I have played it and it is truly amazing. Amazing guitars are available at almost every price point. You just have to take the time to find them. Obviously it is a lot hard to find an amazing $200 Strat than it is to find an amazing $3,000 custom shop Strat.

Gary Hoey, guitarist of some renown, is best known for an arctic white Strat with a US flag pickguard - look closely and you'll see it has 21 frets (not 22), so it's Mexican made and under $600 (today's price).

Nope, it ain't the price of the guitar...

Kevin

joeblues27

Blues with feeling
Love the color of that one. That's not a semi-hollow body though is it? Looks like it has the arm rest, and no f-hole.
The one I'm trading for is a semi-hollow and has contoured back for kind of a strat feel. I just wanted to show the color of the one I'm getting. Sorry if I misrepresented what I'm getting.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I guess I'm in the camp of buy what speaks to you and don't worry so much about profit or loss. But then I'm also known for buying really cheap and not selling anything. :sneaky:

I did sell a '64 Jazz Bass when I was in a financial bind and replaced it with a Squier which plays well and sounds fine.

nvr2old

Blues Newbie
For me it's my $299 G&L Ascari GT 90 with P90's. List was I think $599 and I got it new on close out cheap. Not made anymore so lucked out I guess. Ken