BIG lesson rythems to songs

Blues_Dude

Love Dem N'Awlins Blues
I have seen several post matching Griffs solos with songs. Is there any list that matches the rythems of BGU to actual songs? I would really love to see a list like that developed. That would be a huge help.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Well funnily enough Griff just sent out an email on the subject of using his BGU rhythms on blues songs, talking about how at the UK BGU gig in 2015 he put the first halve dozen of his course rhythms to the same song (Crossroads) and they all sounded great. What he showed was that if you play a swing rhythm and sing a swing song over it then all rhythms sound good. He certainly proved it, and it was live, unscripted and off the cuff on his part. The guys a talent. :)

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Griff Emails:

02/01/17
I know this is going to sound a little strange... but you'd be amazed at what I think about while playing on a gig...
I mean, there I am playing and singing and carrying on... and I thing about some pretty odd stuff.
Usually it's guitar stuff (go figure) but sometimes I'll think about some pretty oddball stuff (RC Airplanes?)
Anyway, the reason behind today's video is the fact that I was thinking about just how simple most of the stuff I use actually is.
If I play 40 songs in a night, I'd say 30 of them use this idea for at least half of the tune (the half when I'm not soloing
You might have seen this before, it's pretty popular, but even if you have it's a good refresher on how to play chords in a blues:

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/blog/blues-rhythm-lesson-2-note-easy-chords/
And, by the way, this is only one of like 14 different rhythm ideas in my Blues Guitar Unleashed course.

Talk soon,
Griff

01/28/17
I made you a video the other day...
There's kind of a story behind this, I've actually wanted to make this for you for over a year and just kept putting it off to handle other things.
I was in the UK in October of 2015 hanging out for the jam, and I took a few minutes between tunes and basically found myself playing a bunch of different blues songs using the lessons from Blues Guitar Unleashed...
It was really fun, and maybe something you've never though to do before.
So check it out:
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/how-to-play-blues-songs-from-blues-lessons/

Talk soon,
Griff

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Last edited: