Recording Pile of new recording gear

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Damn...

A piece of the console is broken...

I saw the FedEx guy drop the box - which didn't show outside damage, but clearly did break the internal piece...

I've already emailed pics to Argosy...

:cry::cry::cry:

Kevin

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
I hope this isn't like those road signs that say "Watch for Falling Rocks".
I don't know how many hours I've sat there watching, and I have yet to see a falling rock.
Must be a scam.
Tom
Tom,

Don't you know the joke behind that? My mom told it to me when I was a little kid...

An Indian chief has threee sons, but he doesn't know who to pick to succeed him as chief - running water, flying eagle, and falling rock. He sends them all out on an adventure and whoever comes back with the greatest accomplishment will get to be chief - but falling rock never returns... so the chief posts signs for people to look for him.

Yeah, pretty cheesy, but I believed the story when I was five. :)

Kevin

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Kevin -

All those beautiful guitars and yet - not a pink shaggy strap to be seen.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Kevin -

All those beautiful guitars and yet - not a pink shaggy strap to be seen.

They are rare, indeed!
straps.jpg

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
While waiting for the replacement part for assembling the console, I went ahead and got the drum kit mic'ed up.

Delivery of the 8-channel snake is expected tomorrow - which is 50' long, so I can easily move the kit to a separate tracking room at a later date.

IMG_0296.JPG

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
While waiting for the replacement part for assembling the console, I went ahead and got the drum kit mic'ed up.

Delivery of the 8-channel snake is expected tomorrow - which is 50' long, so I can easily move the kit to a separate tracking room at a later date.

View attachment 1720

Snake... best money I ever spent on my son't drum kit.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
I can see that I need to spend time in Danville! I've been meaning to stop in and visit the Guitar Museum there!

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler

View attachment 1720

Just a little something to look for; don't coil that snake if it is too long for your space at present. If you coil it chances are really good that it will produce some noise in the recording. I fought this one for a long time until it finally dawned on me.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Just a little something to look for; don't coil that snake if it is too long for your space at present. If you coil it chances are really good that it will produce some noise in the recording. I fought this one for a long time until it finally dawned on me.

I didn't know that!

So... what do I do with it? It's 50 freakin' feet long! :)

Kevin

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Well, if you can't coil it in circles the only other thing I can think of is the serpentine loops. That may cancel noise. Sorry I don't have the electrical knowledge to go any farther with this.

upload_2016-11-16_9-40-12.png