BGU Solo 6 jmin

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Well..it ain't perfect, but after over 50 takes (literally) I decided this is as far as I can work on this lesson. I really was hoping to "nail" the last solo of BGU, but that's going to be awhile (if ever). Since I still have three more BGU lessons, then the supplements, I figure I'd best be moving on if I hope to complete BGU this year.

So, with a few hiccups, here is Solo 6.
Thanks for listening!

johnc

systematic
Thanks for playing and sharing jmin, To me it's what is great about the forum, that is getting to hear how others are doing, particularly with the lessons. I am running a bit behind but I hope to tackle this one again very soon, but your playing it reminded me there is a bit in it so we will see.
Any way your work on it is excellent, you should be very happy.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, john! I have to admit, I am very happy about where BGU has gotten me to! When I began working on Solo 6, I realized that I wasn't as intimidated as I had been with all of the other solos. I think something is finally sinking in! Great course!

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Hey Jmin.
I've only been visiting the forum occasionally over the summer. It's pretty evident that I've been missing out on some darn good blues. That was excellent playing. The tone, the feel and your style......you put a lot of love into this one. Keep them coming!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
That was really good. If I had to nit pick, there were a couple of spots toward the end in the fast runs where your rhythm was a tad off from the backing track, and maybe a couple of bends that didn't quite make their "target" note.

If you're like me, you are your own worst critic, so you probably know what you weren't happy with. But I agree, sometimes you just need to say this is as good as it gets (for now) and move on.

Congratulations on finishing BGU! There ought to be diploma or something...

jmin

Student Of The Blues
David, Thanks! Yeah, I was still flubbing one thing or another, but I decided I'd move on...thanks for listening and commenting!
And, I agree...I was looking forward to a "graduation ceremony" and official admission, by Griff, into the BGU Blues Society!

My favorite Graduation Day Song

Great guitar part and player!

Alang

Living the Dream
Well..it ain't perfect, but after over 50 takes (literally) I decided this is as far as I can work on this lesson. I really was hoping to "nail" the last solo of BGU, but that's going to be awhile (if ever). Since I still have three more BGU lessons, then the supplements, I figure I'd best be moving on if I hope to complete BGU this year.

So, with a few hiccups, here is Solo 6.
Thanks for listening!
Really sounds good, you are on the right path, good work.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, Alang! I think that following Griff's roadmap is the right path for me!

Steely Glen

I been down so long, down don't bother me.
Having just recorded this, I'm blown away at how fluid this rendition is. Excellent work here, my friend!

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Great tone, loved the bends and the note run at the end was brill. Well done, enjoyed that one. (y)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Hey, sailin, Thanks! Wow! It’s been over two years, and to be honest, I’m not sure I could still play this!
I’m sure you’ll be able to do it justice when the time comes. Enjoy!