Blues Solos Construction_Shuffle_A_Solo1

Today was the Saturday to open the Blues Solo Construction Kit i bought a few weeks ago and create a solo - Shuffle Feel.

My example needs a lot of polishing but wanted to share with others that if you've done BGU solo's you are ready to quickly have some fun with this kit !

This is recorded using the backing track in A that came with the construction kit:

Position 1: Lick 5 (Stevie Ray Vaughn)
Position 2: Lick 4 (T Bone Walker)
Position 3: Lick 1 (from Griff's 5 easy blues solo course)
Position 4: Lick 5 (Matt Schoffield)
Position 5: Lick 5 (BB King)

The intro is a modification of Turnaround #7 from the BGU Bonus Material

https://soundcloud.com/windintrees/blues-solo-construction-shuffle-2016may7

lola

Blues Newbie
That was super duper! Awesome! You have a knack for great phrasing! I really liked this a bunch! I was thinking about getting this course but I have so much other stuff on the go! If you do anymore of this, I would love to hear it! Your bends are really butt kicking as well! Nice, nice job!!

Thanks for the positive feedback folks ! It seemed like good practice to move these licks from the key of A to the key of C, and record over the other backing track that came with the course.

It was fun deciding whether to try to stay in one general area or go all over the fretboard.
I decided to play the T Bone Walker lick (Position 2, Lick 4) on the 5th and 6th strings, i just like the way it sounded there. I didn't spend much time developing an intro and not too pleased with it. I referenced the example 5 turnaround from the BGU bonus material and went from there. Might work on this more later.

I used the cheapest guitar in the house to record this time, have not picked it up in a long time and thought it needed attention. Stuck a new picture of it on soundcloud while i was at it.

https://soundcloud.com/windintrees/blues-solo-construction-shuffle-c-2016may7

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Great job WIT.

Its been awhile since I've logged on to the forum but I have to tell you, you've inspired me to get out this course and get to work.

Awesome choice of licks. You've got that feel down and a great tone to,match.

Well done!

Wstorey45

Blues Newbie
Today was the Saturday to open the Blues Solo Construction Kit i bought a few weeks ago and create a solo - Shuffle Feel.

My example needs a lot of polishing but wanted to share with others that if you've done BGU solo's you are ready to quickly have some fun with this kit !

This is recorded using the backing track in A that came with the construction kit:

Position 1: Lick 5 (Stevie Ray Vaughn)
Position 2: Lick 4 (T Bone Walker)
Position 3: Lick 1 (from Griff's 5 easy blues solo course)
Position 4: Lick 5 (Matt Schoffield)
Position 5: Lick 5 (BB King)

The intro is a modification of Turnaround #7 from the BGU Bonus Material

https://soundcloud.com/windintrees/blues-solo-construction-shuffle-2016may7

I just started working with the Slow Blues Construction kit. What a great way to pull together all the ideas Griff has talked about over the years. I just started Solo 1 a couple of weeks ago and could immediately see where this can go! Nice job mixing up the various position licks, it motivates me to get busy! Nice job!!

lola

Blues Newbie
I just started working with the Slow Blues Construction kit. What a great way to pull together all the ideas Griff has talked about over the years. I just started Solo 1 a couple of weeks ago and could immediately see where this can go! Nice job mixing up the various position licks, it motivates me to get busy! Nice job!!

That was totally rocking! I really like your playing. It might need a smidge of polish. But nothing more than that! Really enjoyable!