Solo #4 - First Chorus

KiloMike

Eager Student
So, I have gotten to the point where I have memorized "I Believe" from BGIAB, but can't play through it cleanly enough to warrant exposing all of you to it, yet. And there are only so many times that you can play it before you stop believing :sick:. Plus, I wanted to do another slow blues now with my new Epi 339 Pro I got this week, so I decided to come back to BGU and give solo #4 a shot. So, here is my first recording of chorus 1:
https://soundcloud.com/kilomike-717800722/bgu-solo-4-1st-chorus

Now, on to that run at the beginning of chorus 2... Wish me luck! (y)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Good luck, KiloMike...but I don't think you'll need it! That first chorus was great! There are many challenges in this one, but It sounds as if you have all the tools you'll need to finish it!

johnc

systematic
Sounding great KM, and yes a few road stops along the way through this one an d you sound like you will handle them OK. The next lick gives me grief, wearing out frets trying to get it but is getting better so there is hope..
Thanks for sharing..

Well done kilomike, it sounds smooth yet impactful. Congrats on getting the new ES-339 this week.
I played them myself yesterday at the guitar store and almost came home with one. Haven't decided between the P-90's or humbuckers yet, have not played a flaky one as each one played was a quality instrument.

The mixing of major and minor in this solo using boxes 1 and 2 is probably my favorite in bgu.
The riff's in that next chorus are a challenge, i continue practicing on those too.

It is not just about the destination, Enjoy the journey !

KiloMike

Eager Student
Thanks, all. I think I am going to be spending some time bouncing back and forth between this and PSTM in order to really get these next 13 notes (not to mention the later flurries!) really under my fingers. But I am loving the struggle! ;)

WIT, so far, just over a week into my 339, and I love it. Still playing around with the settings on my Mustang to find tones for it. With the split-coil option, there is so much range in the tones you can get. I am still getting used to the feeling of getting up above the 15th fret or so and having the "horn" around my hand. It keeps feeling like it's going to be tight, but it's not, really.

Kilomike - My favorite settings for the mustang came from "intheblues" on youtube.
If you haven't checked out his "mustang monday" series yet, you should.
At guitar center i played the Epiphone ES-339's through multiple different amps, liked every one of them.
I guess that's a sign that purchase might be inevitable now, just a matter of time.
What's your favorite amp model & settings in the mustang for your es-339?

KiloMike

Eager Student
Kilomike - My favorite settings for the mustang came from "intheblues" on youtube.
If you haven't checked out his "mustang monday" series yet, you should.
At guitar center i played the Epiphone ES-339's through multiple different amps, liked every one of them.
I guess that's a sign that purchase might be inevitable now, just a matter of time.
What's your favorite amp model & settings in the mustang for your es-339?

Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town...

I have checked out several of the "intheblues" tones in FUSE. The problem is that I have a v1, so some of the amps and pedals aren't available to me. I just posted my first recording of "I Believe" and I am using the Fender '57 Deluxe with a little bit of Overdrive, Small Hall Reverb, and Tape Delay. So far, that is about my favorite blues tone with some dirt in it. For most of my "exercise-type" practicing, I play clean with the '65 Twin Reverb and just enough gain and reverb not to sound dead. I'm not an expert, by any means, so I am fumbling my way through for now.