Hi to everyone!

jpalermo01

Blues Newbie
Hi there;  I'm Jim from Michigan.  First time here in the forum, and I'm trying to decide if this is indeed the right place for me.   I'd guess I'm about an advanced beginner, having started playing a couple of  years ago with my son, more as something to do with him than for myself.  He's since quit, and I'm still hooked.

I have to admit, there's a lot of guitarists that I'm liking; but as an "amateur" I have to say that I really like Griff's playing.  Not just the fast stuff as i tend to look away from the blazers.  I love his phrasing and choice of notes.     I'd love to know who his influences were/are, and what he might consider to be his "method".... everyone has one.

Griff; if you're listening;;;;;

So Hi everyone.  Hope there's lots to learn here; from all of you.

Jim

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum!
If you want to hear about his influences directly from the horses mouth, you should probably PM him directly.
I've heard him talk about people like BB King, Freddie King, Walter Trout influencing him, but I know that he would tip his hat to one of his mentors Steve Travato too.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Welcome Jim!  I've always thought it is great to be around people of like mind.  Especially if it's something in common we LOVE.  We all LOVE Blues!

Griff talks about his influences in many place in this forum and occasionally in the emails he sends us.  I'm with you.  I like the way Griff plays.  I especially like the way he teaches.  His method agrees with me.

See you down the road  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Welcome to the forum mr.sharkbait!!  wow!  what a handle that is!  I spose I could rename myself to grizzlybearkibble?  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ok, I changed my handle........

Hello sharkbait.  Griff teaches how he develops solos and rhythms all through his courses, including which artists/songs they are similar to.  You have found the right place if you want to learn blues music.

Welcome to the forum !

samwell

been here.....
Hi Jim & Welcome to the forum, stay tuned & Griff's method is provided :-?   Drop by regular.... [smiley=beer.gif]

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Welcome to the forum, Jim!!!
You have found a brand new extended family here!  Lots and lots of great folks all here to give you a helping hand and support!

2f1ea8d971bb760a7ffa4bfbd01ae523.gif
drummer-smiley.gif
band.gif
Guitar_Emoticon___Animated_by_satsukichan.gif
piano_mote_by_indigojelly.gif

We gonna help you learn to boogie!

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Sharkbait hey well you be careful, I'd stick to guitar myself it's safer.  ;D

Welcome