forum site on i phone

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
I haven't found "an app for that."  I would assume it would be a YaBB app, since that appears to be the engine driving the forum.

It does work with the web browser, but, like everything else on that size screen, it's a bit hard to read without a lot of zooming.

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
For Android there is an App called Tapatalk that works well and is designed for use with forums. Maybe they make a Iphone version if you do a search?

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
I don't have an iPhone but I do have the iPod and I think they work the same. I just use the safari browser and type in the address and enter the passwords when prompted. Once there, I just add the links to the favorites list. You will be prompted for UN and PW when you return.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
On my Galaxy I've just made the forum a favorite on my browser and then set up a bookmark to get there quickly.  A quick double screen tap zooms it nicely and makes it quite readable.  I'l have to give Tapatalk a try.

anthonyp

Blues Newbie
the iphone has google nav, when i type the website in it sends me to blues guitar unleashed forum index, when i click that it just keeps loading

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
As noted above, try Safari instead, just to see what happens.  Chuck and I aren't having any problems.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
For Android there is an App called Tapatalk that works well and is designed for use with forums. Maybe they make a Iphone version if you do a search?

Ray, have you used Tapatalk? I haven't been able to get it to work. When I try to search for Blues Guitar Unleashed, it doesn't return anything at all.

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Hi Mike, I use it all the time on another forum I belong to, a general chat one here in the UK. But when I first installed it I logged into BGU with no problem.

I'm just going to check again that I can get in here.. will report back asap

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Well.. I couldn't get to BGU either through Tapatalk. I had a look through their web site for issues and it seems they have made some changes.

1. Their search criteria hs changed & it seems people are not finding their forums anymore
2. Forum owners have to install a plugin to their boards to enable their members to use Tapatalk.

YaBB is not now on their Plugins list! [not that I would have bothered Griff to ask for the plugin anyway]

So all in all I'm sorry to say my recommendation is now not a solution at all :(

Sorry about that Mike and any other member that installed it after reading my post!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Oh well, no harm done. It would have been nice, but using the browser isn't bad all the same.

henryj

Blues Newbie
Rember we have two log in steps.
1st window is the username and password Griff supplies.
2nd window is the username and password we set up when we first join.
People tend to forget the two step log in because the computer can remember them when we first log on.
My iphone does not remember step 1 but step 2 is automatic.
So when I log in via iphone I have to put in the Griff supplied user name and password step two is automatic.
This was sent by Iphone.

Jacass

Blues Newbie
To my knowledge there isn't an app. But if you hit the small box with the arrow at the top of the screen next to the iCloud icon, then tap add to home screen, it will put an (app type) box on your home screen. Next time you want to visit BGU forum, just hit the (app type) box and log in with griffs log in and that's it as your log in part is done already. (Provided you haven't actually "logged out"). :) [smiley=beer.gif]

bob

Blues Newbie
Well I use my iPad to get on BGU all I did was search in safari ,log in and save to my home screen