Deep Tracks;
Hairnation
The Message
Classic Rewind

FM:
Talk radio

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Local radio, WZBG 97.3 serving Litchfield, Torrington and the Farmington valley (CT) for local news and ads for local businesses and restaurants. Their format is wide ranging "pop", could be some country crossover or Annie Lenox. Today was a rainy day and they played Clapton "Let It Rain"..

Near the end of my 1 hour commute their signal is gone and I tune to a 'boomer" rock station WPLR. They have some amusing "personalities" on the morning show. More likely to hear AC/DC or Nirvana.

I also have some Pandora channels on my phone that I can plug in to the Aux input in the car plus quite a few albums stored on the phone.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Before I retired I got nearly 2 hours a day in the car and it was either from a USB stick or later (newer car) Bluesville on Sirius XM. Since I probably haven't spent 2 hours in the car in the last month, most listening time is spent at the barn. We alternate between a local independent classical station and a local, independent station, https://www.957theride.com/
We joke that it sounds like it's run by a bunch of old hippies. You're likely to hear anything from the early 60's through last week. The stereo is on 24/7. The horses prefer the classical station and some days, so do I!

CaptOblivious

Blues Junior
Local radio, WZBG 97.3 serving Litchfield, Torrington and the Farmington valley (CT) for local news and ads for local businesses and restaurants. Their format is wide ranging "pop", could be some country crossover or Annie Lenox. Today was a rainy day and they played Clapton "Let It Rain"..

Near the end of my 1 hour commute their signal is gone and I tune to a 'boomer" rock station WPLR. They have some amusing "personalities" on the morning show. More likely to hear AC/DC or Nirvana.

I also have some Pandora channels on my phone that I can plug in to the Aux input in the car plus quite a few albums stored on the phone.
Sounds like you are driving south on RT 8 - I grew up in the Naugatuck River Valley, PLR was a staple throughout my teen years, lived 20+ years in Litchfield (WZBG) and am now in Woodbury, streaming only, and once we are allowed to travel again hoping to check out North Carolina, Wilmington area, no doubt you can understand why ;):LOL:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Sounds like you are driving south on RT 8 - I grew up in the Naugatuck River Valley, PLR was a staple throughout my teen years, lived 20+ years in Litchfield (WZBG) and am now in Woodbury, streaming only, and once we are allowed to travel again hoping to check out North Carolina, Wilmington area, no doubt you can understand why ;):LOL:
Straight down Rt 8 to Sikorsky in Stratford.

Morning jocks on PLR are Chaz and AJ. Evening drive time is Mike Lapatino

Sorry, I don't get the Wilmington NC reference. Maybe "anywhere but CT"?

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
I listen to a local "oldies" radio station, whilst driving to/from work and over the w/end.
also via internet to Aussie stations - 2CH from Sydney, 104.3 from Melbourne.
Have always loved radio since I was a young boy.
Wanted to be a radio disc-jockey, but life got in the way...:(