Track For Those Just Starting Out In The VJR

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
The slow ones are the hardest!

Well, since I just got here yesterday, I'll try recording.

G is the only key for me:
Me: "We're gonna do a quick change in G."
Them: "What song?"
Me: "Same song as last time, we'll just change the lyrics real quick."

I'll just take one chorus to give the newbies a shot.
And if it's truly for the newcomers, feel free to whack my track completely.

Out at :49...

Albert King Style in G-M

Last edited:

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Is this the protocol?

I originally put the "RECORDING" thing here but I Can't find how to do the "strike-through" thing with the it, but I think I'm finished

I'm in from 0:51 to 1:38

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/cydwfgcy15v2x6o/Albert King Style In G-M-CG.mp3?dl=0

and now I don't seem to have got the trick with the link right, because it's not opening as a download. I think I need a bit of help here; thanks in anticipation..

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Good thing Marv :thumbup: got the pump primed! ;):)

Looks and sounds good Chris! :thumbup: Great to see hear you down here! :Beer: (Just showing off, I just learned about the strike through too! Up on the toolbar above the message, where the smiley icons are...just 3 to the right there is a box with a cross in it. Highlight the text you want to strike through and then hit that square thing - use the pull down menu to select strike through, voila!)

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman

Looks and sounds good Chris! :thumbup: Great to see hear you down here! :Beer: (Just showing off, I just learned about the strike through too! Up on the toolbar above the message, where the smiley icons are...just 3 to the right there is a box with a cross in it. Highlight the text you want to strike through and then hit that square thing - use the pull down menu to select strike through, voila!)

Thanks Elwood, got it, just like this

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Is this the protocol?

I originally put the "RECORDING" thing here but I Can't find how to do the "strike-through" thing with the it, but I think I'm finished

and now I don't seem to have got the trick with the link right, because it's not opening as a download. I think I need a bit of help here; thanks in anticipation..

Chris, great to have you join us down here in the VJR. The first one is always the hardest to hit that “post” button but now that you have got past that hurdle, it’s all gravy from here on out. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Is this the protocol?

Try adding Square bracket, s close square bracket before **RECORDING** and Square bracket /s close square bracket. **Recording**] In html speak it means start strike through and end strike through, just as Square bracket, B close square bracket and Square bracket /B close square bracket indicate Bold.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member

Wow! I've hard coding the strike through. I didn't even notice the box with the cross!

Elio

Student Of The Blues

So *that's* where it is! I discovered it a couple years ago and then completely forgot where it was at. I keep looking for it every time I need it and getting frustrated that I can't remember.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
So *that's* where it is! I discovered it a couple years ago and then completely forgot where it was at. I keep looking for it every time I need it and getting frustrated that I can't remember.
Me too.!

CaptOblivious

Blues Junior
First go round with VJR or actually any recording. Been lurking and has taken quite a bit of time to learn some recording basics along with the playing stuff. Thanks paparaptor, your tutorial videos helped me find my way in reaper.

Still a long way to go on the journey but satisfied to get through a couple of my personal road blocks.

I am in 1:39 - 3:09

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/vaa5953sqkj5sim/Slow Blues in G cptob.mp3?dl=0

artyman

Fareham UK
Nicely played guys, do we have some more lurkers who have yet to dip ther toes in the water? Come on jump in the waters fine.

CaptOblivious

Blues Junior
Bravo @CaptOblivious that's great. I'm guessing that was the SG?
Thanks @ChrisGSP, it was the knockoff ES 335 using a slightly overdriven and compressed 65 Princeton Reverb through a 4 X 10 Open Vintage cab.Amplitude 4 plugin.

Funny thing is the Korean made Aislinn Dane (no longer in business) ES-335, a 2nd for cosmetic reasons, that was purchased on E-bay for peanuts, under $100, is by far the guitar I play the most. It has a phenolic:ROFLMAO: fingerboard and, to me, a just right comfortable neck. I have not bonded with the SG. I liked the Aislinn Dane so much I picked up a tobacco sunburst for my wife a few years back that sadly sits unused as she only plays her Martin HD28

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
First go round with VJR or actually any recording. Been lurking and has taken quite a bit of time to learn some recording basics along with the playing stuff. Thanks paparaptor, your tutorial videos helped me find my way in reaper.

Still a long way to go on the journey but satisfied to get through a couple of my personal road blocks.

I am in 1:39 - 3:09

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/vaa5953sqkj5sim/Slow Blues in G cptob.mp3?dl=0
I would say that you passed the recording and playing “stuff” with flying colors. Super job. Much better than my first recordings. Glad to have you in the “VJR band”.

CaptOblivious

Blues Junior
I would say that you passed the recording and playing “stuff” with flying colors. Super job. Much better than my first recordings. Glad to have you in the “VJR band”.
Thanks TZ for the kind words, will most likely continue lurking while working at it and pop in every so often to assault everyone's senses :LOL::ROFLMAO::sneaky:

artyman

Fareham UK
I often wonder how many people look in here, but never pluck up the courage to contribute to the tracks.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I often wonder how many people look in here, but never pluck up the courage to contribute to the tracks.

I don't know but I figured I'd post an easier track. That way, if some newer players were interested, but didn't feel ready to jump in on some of the faster tracks that have been posted this one might work better for them.