(on down to the) Copa Banana - Complete

Elwood

Blues
Another creature escapes the laboratory..:cautious:..I started messing with this a week ago, and stalled. Then I thought I would wait for my new Mira guitar. So, here ya go again...EZ drummer, my Jazz Bass (with that big ugly EBO pickup), and the PRS SE Mira. Hey, it's me...so it's lumpy. ;) Still could be fun! :Beer:

You may want this: (you can hear the 3/4 bar rests are treated like stop signs on a dirt road)

upload_2020-9-4_16-43-52.png

Above the line is the verse, 16 bars. Below the line is the bridge, 8 bars repeated for 16.
That makes one full turn around the cycle, 32 bars. There are 8, 32 bar segments here for a total of 11:24.

No rules of course, but a full 32 bars will let you play with melodies as the same three chords change order for the bridge.

I know this is not "too much" for you guys, (y)(y)(y) I just hope you find it interesting. (y) I really look forward to hearing what you hear!!! :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/n1swx1ond1atysy/copa banana.mp3?dl=0

C'mon now, give it a whirl!! (Bm is an easy key, not many bad notes in that one!;))

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
You got me grinning big time!!! (y)Some great whirling there Papa! :thumbup:

did you mean for that to end abruptly at 11:23
No, a detail that was lost in a "few" revisions. :( I meant for it to go one somethingth of a beat further to close with the properly timed whump, leading up to which was a mild fade out. At this point, I do not wish to become that friendly with the pooch. If you feel like sprucing it up to anything better than a hang up that would be great! I know, not hit records, but......

You got some nice tone to get through, and I love how you play with the time. And those chile flavored double stops!!! Fun fun fun!!! :Beer::Beer::Beer:

MarcV

Blues Junior
Elwood. Great post. Something completely different. Interested to see what folks do with it!

Elwood

Blues
Some "shadowy" stuff there @artyman . very nice. Your patch gives the strat (I'm so used to typing "tele") a unique high end sound, nice feel to the piece Arty!!!

@MarcV, thanks! Jump in!!!! Arpeggiate those chords with a little cha cha and away you go!

@MikeS (I think that was you :p:D ) You read my mind coming in with the warm wooly tone there! Cool phrasing, and good use of the changes underneath you!

:):)(y):):)

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Elwood,
You're turning into quite a music producer.
I like the vibe on this.
(y)

Papa,
In the groove.
(y)

Arty,
What :eek: no singing?
(y)

MikeS,
I see you dabbled on the deep side.
(y)

Elwood

Blues
Sounds like you did fine by Lola, you sure didn't doddle over her.:thumbup:
I figure you had to choose how to get through this, you could have jumped, or waded. Oh no, not Paleo, he had to Ford it! :whistle: Well done Amigo! (y)(y)(y)

Elwood

Blues
@Marv , smooth pick up! I can really hear the "conversation", you throw out a line and then you get the "oh yeah, well...". Yeah yeah!!!

@MarcV , You dealt with the challenge well! I like to play and think, and play. I like to hear that in others too! If that is your SG there, sounds real nice, tone and playing!!!

I'm gonna jump in and try to repair the ending...I should be back shortly.....

RECORDING
Here is a copy with all the players above, just with a slightly better ending on the track.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/1k9mccerbjp7q93/Copa Banana Pr-Rt-Ms-Po-Mrv-Ms(2).mp3?dl=0

If this is too hot, just knock it down to your comfort, I ran Normalize before posting back.

You guys are playing the very best version of this ever recorded:sneaky:!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I'm having a blast!!!

Two trips around the block are left!!!!

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Alright, fine! :p I'll take my own trip around the block! :D

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/flrhiqhuhg7lhxg/bgu copa banana-pr-rt-ms-po-mrv-mv-ew-.mp3?dl=0

Here is the new Mira SE from 8:35 to 10:00. High D anyone?:whistle:

If anyone would care to, one more whack at this and it's done!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)

(hey, @MarcV , I just came across a post you put up on April 8 in another vjr thread. You were just trying to figure out how this works. You should feel real good! :thumbup: I think you figured it out just fine! :Beer: )

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
All the great tones you come up with, that is really nice to hear from you Arty! :thumbup: You just lifted my morning a bit, Thanks!!! (y)

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Alright, fine! :p I'll take my own trip around the block! :D

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/flrhiqhuhg7lhxg/bgu copa banana-pr-rt-ms-po-mrv-mv-ew-.mp3?dl=0

Here is the new Mira SE from 8:35 to 10:00. High D anyone?:whistle:

If anyone would care to, one more whack at this and it's done!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)

(hey, @MarcV , I just came across a post you put up on April 8 in another vjr thread. You were just trying to figure out how this works. You should feel real good! :thumbup: I think you figured it out just fine! :Beer: )

This sounds like fun so I think I'll take a stab at it.
RECORDING

Elwood

Blues
Great ending segment Elio!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Glad you joined in the fun! :Beer: You fit right in the flow and made the butchered ending on the track sound deliberate!!! (y)

Completed...yes!!! :D

hey @Elio if you feel like it why don't you scoot over to "the Widow" track, that could be fun too.