Trouble - VJR Live! - Complete

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Here's another "live on stage" track to play with in G.

I originally wrote this one to play at a BGU Live Graziano's Friday night opening jam. Later recorded it for a video with the "virtual band" The Smokin' Blue notes. This track is from the video and has all the guitar parts removed, my vocals and my first, and probably last, attempt at harmonica.

Glued two copies together to give us some length and added the opening solo to :41.

Plenty of space for comping, fills in the verses and solos, so have fun!

Trouble - VJR Live

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I enjoyed hiding in the lines of the vocalist on this one.
That's no vocalist! That's Marv!
cheesy.gif

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
@Ted_Zeppelin is that the tele you built? Sounds real good!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: So do you! :Beer:

Sounds like you figured it out Arty!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Yes, that’s the one. It’s the only tele I have but I have a feeling it won’t be the last. I always dismissed them as just a country twang guitar and nothing that you could rock out with. After seeing what guys like Davy Knowles, John 5 any many other could get out of a tele, I started changing my mind. Such a versatile guitar. I will say that the VJR might be starting to corrupt my hard rocking, overdriven tone chasing mindset. This combination of the tele and the Bias FX2 SRV patch has really got me loving the sound. We will see what the future brings.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Whew, that went fast! Done before I even knew it was posted.
Nice Job Guys.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Marv,
Great song Marv...........well done!
Smok'n opening.
(y)

Elwood,
Tasty
(y)

Papa,
Don't know how but.............you keep getting better.
(y)

TZ,
Nice fit.
(y)

Arty,
That's pretty Bluesy for the Artyman.
Goodbye Hank!
(y)

Paleo,
Just enough of the right stuff.
(y)

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
I will say that the VJR might be starting to corrupt my hard rocking, overdriven tone chasing mindset.
That is pretty cool TZ! You felt that way about teles and I had no use whatsoever for a dbl coil guitar. Now you explore the wonders of the tele and I'm banging away on my humbucker rig. I kept hearing some thickness, on high notes especially, that I wanted and was tough to get out of my sweet teles. Just like you, the VJR has done some shaping on me and changed my POV on some things, like you guys have got me using more effects than I ever thought I would...and when it goes OK I like it too! Pretty cool!
(maybe I need to learn what all the "patches" are about, I hear you guys sounding real good using them.)

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Have to admit, that Tele with the SRV patch sounds awesome. I especially liked it on Born in Chicago. If they give you any info about the various components of the patch (amp being modeled and settings, etc.), @Ted_Zeppelin, I'd be interested in trying to tweak my Mustang to get a similar tone.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
That is pretty cool TZ! You felt that way about teles and I had no use whatsoever for a dbl coil guitar.
Funny thing, I have 7 Telecasters (5 are single coils) and I've always loved them. Played them and Strats almost exclusively for years. Lately, I'm playing my Flying V (active humbuckers), my Fauxplorer (humbuckers) and my 335 more than anything else.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Have to admit, that Tele with the SRV patch sounds awesome. I especially liked it on Born in Chicago. If they give you any info about the various components of the patch (amp being modeled and settings, etc.), @Ted_Zeppelin, I'd be interested in trying to tweak my Mustang to get a similar tone.

Not sure if this will help or not. I took screen shots for each piece of the patch and put them into a Word document. There are two different amps used along with a separate cab for each amp. I am not sure if you are familiar with Bias FX. If not, any of the effects that are not on the "line" are not used for this patch.

SRV tone patch from Bias FX2