the Widow, A@148

Elwood

Blues
that would be my wife while I try to come to grips with my timing, Studio One and EZdrummer2.

That was really fun that you guys played over the last one I put up so, I loaded up 12 and a half minutes - once again, if you are "hitting a sweet spot" enjoy it, lots of room. It's a 12 bar pattern, once you have it, you have it.

This would be the same garage band as last time, "Elwood and the Elbows". This time it's 'ol EZ money, the jazz bass, a gs mini, and a thinline (aka: "skinny and mini").

Ignore the warts and crank it up!

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ptg6n11xz7snl86/bgu r&r a @ 148 .mp3?dl=0

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Nicely done track, sir!
I won't grab first dibs on this, but I admit I took your first sentence about coming to grips with timing quite literally and played over the entire track doing nothing but quarter note triplets. It was neither melodic, nor enjoyable to listen to, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to take a track like this and try something off the wall (even if it sounds like crap [my playing, that is]).
I might come back to this (without continuing 1/4 trips) after some others have the opportunity to sample your fine homegrown brew!

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Thanks Papa! I subbed in a slightly louder copy of the same thing. I realized what I posted was a little quiet.

Elwood

Blues
You kept pace well Paleo! (y)Short run though. :whistle: It appears you have transformed from the fearsome stick wielding reptile into a "lounge lizard'? :eek::D

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well then!
Track-Master Elwood is on a roll!
(y)

Arty,
Just jump'n right in, not even training wheels.
(y)

Paleo,
Looks like you got stuffed:eek:
Didn't muffle your playing at all though.
(y)

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Hot dang TZ!!! (y)That was hot! :thumbup: Dang!!! We might need an advisory for any folks who might get set off easily...
"WARNING - TZ IN 10 SECONDS, 9, 8, ....". :D:ROFLMAO::D "diversion" or "back up " that rocks!!! :Beer::cool::Beer:

Elwood

Blues
Papa, Nice, classic rock metaphor stuff :thumbup: mixed with your imagination and tech wizardry, very cool.:cool: Not "dark and heavy handed" just a different solution to the puzzle. :Beer:

Marv you kept it right up on the toes, good fun stuff!!! (y) I didn't hear you "trying" to do much, well done!!! :Beer::Beer:

YES!!!! :D:D:D

Track-Master Elwood is on a roll!
Not much compared to Moto Tracks, :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: but having fun doing it!!! :D

@ Paleo, You had to name your Jurassic whoopee cushion (the one with the irregular skin pattern) Brad? :sneaky:
Bad Paleo!!! :p:sneaky::D

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
What are you playing Mike? You got a nice Chuck Berry (goosed up a bit) tone going there!:cool: Rock and roll!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

the last 1:30 or so got cut off
There is lots of meat on the bone, no worry. :Beer: If this gets used up that much I'll see if I can learn how to put it back, all we lost is a few turns around the block and a fade out. :)