NGD (again) My First PRS

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
I think I really have a sickness and I suppose I should seek help. :confused:

But not just yet. ;)

My latest acquisition should arrive tomorrow and it will be my first PRS!

It's a "SE Paul's Guitar" and I like it because it has some neat features that, to me, make it more than a "typical" PRS.

• Mahogany body with a REAL maple cap (only the "pretty part" is a veneer).
  • A compensated Bridge/Tailpiece with brass inserts for saddles (a unique feature).
  • Synthetic Bronze Blend Nut
  • Abalone "Birds" on the fretboard.
  • Coil tapping via Micro Switches along with your basic Three-way switch for pickup selection.

It"s got a nice clean and functional look to it and I love the Amber color!
It's a Demo (one of five) and this one had (to me) the nicest bookmatching and after some back and forth emails with my man Taylor, he got me an after-tax price that was less than the demo price, so I'm happy with the deal.

It has a "Wide-Fat" neck and I have no idea what that feels like but most everyone who comments on it say that it's a great neck and not a "baseball bat".

Anyway, here's a few pics of the actual guitar from Sweetwater:

PRS1.jpg

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Congrats! That's the guitar I was looking at (and I still am) before I got my CE24. Let us know how you like it.

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
That is a beautiful guitar!! I'm kinda digging the features of a "Paul" guitar, and I have to admit that I just like the look of the rounded off pickup rings. It's a cool look.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Beautiful guitar. I like the PRS SE guitars. I especially like that Paul takes a vested interest in the quality of those guitars, and didn't just slap his name on some imports for the sake of making money.

Play it well, it's a piece of art!

I think I really have a sickness and I suppose I should seek help. :confused:

I think you'll find all the help you need right here! :sneaky:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Hey congrats on finding a great deal on what is no doubt a great guitar... Have fun with it.

Randy S

Blues Junior
I had been looking hard at the "Paul's Guitar" also but now they are coming out with an S2 McCarty model that has me rethinking, even though the S2 is considerably more expensive. If they keep coming out with new models maybe I can procrastinate forever. I really don't need any more guitars.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Love your choice.

Wide fat is pretty much the standard neck shape. Pretty close to a Fender. The Les Paul I had was a lot thicker than either of my PRS guitars.

Enjoy!