Firefly LPs Are In Stock - 1/7/20, SOLD OUT - 1/9/20

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I've seen these get pretty good reviews around on the interwebs. I keep thinking I should grab one and use it as a platform for modding and see where it ends up. It might be an cheaper way to get that gold top I keep saying I want. Although I guess I'll need to be quick on the trigger if I'm going to do it.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I don’t know about the LP’s but I love my hollow body. I’ve had it over a year now and no issues so far. Great guitar for a ridiculously cheap price! I’d say go for it!!!

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Anyone have one of these? Those prices seem a little too goog to be true...
I bought a semi-hallow one in Aug 2018 and I'm still happy with it.
Here's a link from 2018 on the Forum about Fireflys: FIREFLY Anyone?

I found this review on YouTube about the new Les Paul Fireflys:
https://youtu.be/QVus7iW5JxA

I don't know what's happening with guitars and their prices, but it seems like the folks in Asia are in the guitar copying/re-production business and they're nailing it! The SHIPPING alone should cost more than $149!

Slofinger

Blues Junior
I have the semi-hollowbody and it is definitely worth it. I did do a couple of upgrades, but left the pickups. Luckily, I already have a Monoprice LP, and I’m currently building a replica Gibson 59 Les Paul. So the enabling is not going to get me this time lol.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Personally I'm at that point where I'm fortunate enough to have some very nice guitars and some economy guitars that all sound and play great for what I paid for them and with the number I have and the space I have for growth, economy guitars just aren't in my future

Slofinger

Blues Junior
I got an ad from Monoprice about their Indio Plus is coming soon at $299. I bought my Indio LP about 2 years ago for $219 and love it. But I did put a set of Seymour Duncan Phat Cat pickups in it. Everything about the guitar was perfect. But for $140 difference, the Firefly is I think a much better buy. At least based on the one I have.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Personally I'm at that point where I'm fortunate enough to have some very nice guitars and some economy guitars that all sound and play great for what I paid for them and with the number I have and the space I have for growth, economy guitars just aren't in my future
I've run out of space too. Especially with a beagle pup running around at mach speed. I'm having to get picky by necessity now. :Beer:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I haven't bought a new guitar since the mid 1990's while I was teaching in Texas.

I have more than I need and all but one are now sitting in the closet after having sat in storage in NY for 20 years while I lived in Texas.

Since I am now retired and had two unexpected trips to the hospital last year I am now pretty much deeply in debt.

I'm going to have to start thinking about selling some of them.

I just ordered a blue FFTH Semi-Hollow Body.:rolleyes:o_O;):whistle::)

Thanks Mike.:unsure:

Last edited:

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I haven't bought a new guitar since the mid 1990's while I was teaching in Texas.

I have more than I need and all but one are now sitting in the closet after having sat in storage in NY for 20 years while I lived in Texas.

Since I am now retired and had two unexpected trips to the hospital last year I am now pretty much deeply in debt.

I'm going to have to start thinking about selling some of them.

I just ordered a blue FFTH Semi-Hollow Body.:rolleyes:o_O;):whistle::)

Thanks Mike.:unsure:

That story started out sad, got sadder and had a happy ending. You should try writing novels for some retirement income. :Beer:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Down to one color now (Kermit green :D). The higher-priced red one (that sold out quickly) with the uncovered pickups was one of their new Elite models that they'll be offering in the future in more colors. It has upgraded pickups and some cosmetic upgrades as well.

If you prefer a single or double cut style, there are a number of them on Amazon right now: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=firefly+electric+guitar&i=mi&rh=p_n_availability:1248828011,p_89:Firefly&dc

There's also a thinline with P90s here: https://guitarsgarden.com/collectio...pth-semi-hollow-body-electric-guitar-sunburst

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
I saw that the Monoprice brand now as an "elite plus" model or something. Lots of competiton/choices for cheap but well made Chinese guitars.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
PLEASE DO NOT GET POLITICAL THIS IS PRAISE FOR OUR SERVICE NOT A POLITICAL POINT

Sorry to hear this. It just demonstrates how good our NHS (National Health Service) is. Over the last 2-3 years I have had 6 operations and numerous follow up visits for no cost (or no added cost, I paid NI contributions for 38 years while working). I do actually have private health insurance but haven't used it as I have been seen so quickly and efficently I never had to time or need to trigger it* (especially as now retired I get a ncb which would reduce if used).

*I know this isn't the same all over the NHS but in Bristol we are blessed with one of the top eye hospitals in the country which treats emergencies quickly to give every possiblity of saving your sight. The down side is sometimes the wait time is increased for routine checks, as the consultant is called to an emergency, but you put up with it as you were that emergency once (or several times in my case:rolleyes:).

cheers

Al.