Almost Alone 2 Video

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
I played both parts of this as you will see in the video. I started from the V using one of Griff's turn arounds. Then at the end of each chorus I used another one of Griff's turn arounds to try and keep it a little more interesting.

This is the first picture in picture video I've done. I struggled with it some to get it where it is.

The audio is pretty basic, but I did add a little EQ and compression. And I panned one track to the Right and the other to the Left for some separation.

It was nice to play outside my normal music room even though it was way too cold outside to be doing this. It made me hurry and get it all done in a couple of 2 or 3 takes.

Of course it could be better, but it's getting there.

https://youtu.be/BZRxB-kDtu0

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
Thanks to everyone who took their time to watch the video, and especially to those who took time to reply!

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
I liked that!
Nice job all the way around
(y)
Hey Cap'n. I listened to some of your music through the link. The sound reminds me a little of Mark Knopfler. Sounds good. Oklahoma Sky was of special interest to me since that's where I live. In my 38 years here, I've only seen 1 tornado. It was a big one. I've seen the aftermath of several, but I've only actually seen 1.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Cool!!:cool: (In more ways than one):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Great playing Jeff. You're coming on great. Keep it up.(y)

Love the split screen presentation.:)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hey Cap'n. I listened to some of your music through the link. The sound reminds me a little of Mark Knopfler. Sounds good. Oklahoma Sky was of special interest to me since that's where I live. In my 38 years here, I've only seen 1 tornado. It was a big one. I've seen the aftermath of several, but I've only actually seen 1.

Thanks JffKnt,
Pretty fancy camera work , some day I'd like to attempt that.
Well done!

Thanks for checking out some of my stuff.
About "Oklahoma Sky":
Like most of my songs, I get inspiration from things around me, often times it's the tragedies that inspire me the most.
I did that one after the huge Oklahoma tornado several years ago.
I did songs after the Boston Marathon bombing, Church Shootings and two after Sandy Hook:(
Sad thing is, there's so much sadness around I could write songs forever.

I never lived in Oklahoma but, when I lived in Nebraska I would travel there on fishing trips so I have some nice memories.
Ha....I just remembered:
I was on a in/out business trip to OK where I was to make a one hour presentation to a large group.
Well, long story short, I spent a week in a crappy hotel due to an ice storm.
No change of clothes and the restaurant ran out of food but, the bar was fully stocked, what a cray memory that is.:rolleyes:

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
Thanks JffKnt,
Pretty fancy camera work , some day I'd like to attempt that.
Well done!

Thanks for checking out some of my stuff.
About "Oklahoma Sky":
Like most of my songs, I get inspiration from things around me, often times it's the tragedies that inspire me the most.
I did that one after the huge Oklahoma tornado several years ago.
I did songs after the Boston Marathon bombing, Church Shootings and two after Sandy Hook:(
Sad thing is, there's so much sadness around I could write songs forever.

I never lived in Oklahoma but, when I lived in Nebraska I would travel there on fishing trips so I have some nice memories.
Ha....I just remembered:
I was on a in/out business trip to OK where I was to make a one hour presentation to a large group.
Well, long story short, I spent a week in a crappy hotel due to an ice storm.
No change of clothes and the restaurant ran out of food but, the bar was fully stocked, what a cray memory that is.:rolleyes:

As far as the camera work goes, I did the entire video without moving or adjusting the camera in any way. I set up the shot by placing my guitar on the stool to approximate me. Then all I did was turn the camera off and on. One thing that helped, I think, was the overcast sky. It made the lighting good, which was one of the main reasons I chose to shoot when I did, despite the cold weather. Another thing that may or may not be obvious, is that I recorded the sound from the guitar into a Tascam Pocketstudio DP-008 recorder. I used the camera's mic too, but only to sync the Tascam audio tracks (2) with the videos. Then all the rest of the video/audio "magic" happened in the video editing software (I use Vegas Movie Studio 16). Definite learning curve for the video editing software (and the Tascam recorder too, come to think of it).

I remember that ice storm. If it's the same one. I want to say it was in '07, but it could have been '06 or '05. Never saw anything like it. It was bad. Snapped telephone poles, and even trees. Lots of trees broke under the weight of the ice. And driving? Fagettahboutit. Oh, and Nebraska is kind of like Oklahoma, just a bit father north...colder.

The news provides a lot of ideas for content for artists. That's for sure. It's a bit uncommon, I think, for most people to take the news and turn it into art. Thank you for adding to the social commentary.

If you want to collaborate, I play some bass guitar as well as guitar. And I can program drums a little too. Here's a link to some stuff I recorded, if you have an interest. https://www.reverbnation.com/jeffkent My email is my user name here with the @gmail.com on the end of it.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment and share.

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
As far as the camera work goes, I did the entire video without moving or adjusting the camera in any way. I set up the shot by placing my guitar on the stool to approximate me. Then all I did was turn the camera off and on. One thing that helped, I think, was the overcast sky. It made the lighting good, which was one of the main reasons I chose to shoot when I did, despite the cold weather. Another thing that may or may not be obvious, is that I recorded the sound from the guitar into a Tascam Pocketstudio DP-008 recorder. I used the camera's mic too, but only to sync the Tascam audio tracks (2) with the videos. Then all the rest of the video/audio "magic" happened in the video editing software (I use Vegas Movie Studio 16). Definite learning curve for the video editing software (and the Tascam recorder too, come to think of it).

I remember that ice storm. If it's the same one. I want to say it was in '07, but it could have been '06 or '05. Never saw anything like it. It was bad. Snapped telephone poles, and even trees. Lots of trees broke under the weight of the ice. And driving? Fagettahboutit. Oh, and Nebraska is kind of like Oklahoma, just a bit father north...colder.

The news provides a lot of ideas for content for artists. That's for sure. It's a bit uncommon, I think, for most people to take the news and turn it into art. Thank you for adding to the social commentary.

If you want to collaborate, I play some bass guitar as well as guitar. And I can program drums a little too. Here's a link to some stuff I recorded, if you have an interest. https://www.reverbnation.com/jeffkent My email is my user name here with the @gmail.com on the end of it.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment and share.
Thanks for the camera recap.
I'll check out your other stuff.
:thumbup:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I'm late to the party, but nice work, Jeff! Excellent guitar work, great video and audio!