Anybody taken Steve Araujo's bass course?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Why am I asking? Instead of buying another Strat, I have a Fender Classic Vibe P bass and a 25W Fender Rumble bass amp on the way. :oops: As @PapaRaptor would say, another bottom feeder joins the ranks. Is the course worth it? It's cheap enough. :whistle:
I have it. If you haven't played any or very much bass, it is well worth it. In just the first couple of lessons, he will have you up and running well enough that you can hold your own at a blues jam. He skips a lot of things that he assumes you already know, assuming that you are already a guitar player, which really is the point of the course.

It won't turn you into Jaco Pastorius, but it's one of the fastest ways I can imagine to make the bass something that does a lot more than just sit in the corner.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Why am I asking? Instead of buying another Strat, I have a Fender Classic Vibe P bass and a 25W Fender Rumble bass amp on the way. :oops: As @PapaRaptor would say, another bottom feeder joins the ranks. Is the course worth it? It's cheap enough. :whistle:

Thank you for posting this. I've been meaning to at least learn some bass basics for a while now. Apparently since November 9, 2017 since that is the file date of Steve's bass videos that I have on my computer:). I guess I need to add these lessons to the long list of guitar lessons that I need to get to:rolleyes:.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Thank you for posting this. I've been meaning to at least learn some bass basics for a while now. Apparently since November 9, 2017 since that is the file date of Steve's bass videos that I have on my computer:). I guess I need to add these lessons to the long list of guitar lessons that I need to get to:rolleyes:.
We can both make our thumping debut in Kalamazoo in August. :whistle::rolleyes:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I don't have the course. Keep in mind that the rhythm aspect of the bass is realy important. You can play a single note, with a rhythm that sets up the whole song

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Hey @PapaRaptor good to see Billy D up again on the SOTD.(y) Everyone should check out the SOTD!!!!(y) There's some great stuff comes up, which can inspire you to write or play something. Todays song inspired me a year or two back, to write this song in the same style.(y) Nobodys Fool

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Hey @PapaRaptor good to see Billy D up again on the SOTD.(y) Everyone should check out the SOTD!!!!(y) There's some great stuff comes up, which can inspire you to write or play something. Todays song inspired me a year or two back, to write this song in the same style.(y) Nobodys Fool

Man, you nailed the style. Minimalist, yet powerful. Great tune!
Yeah, I like Billy D's stuff a lot. I'm working on a new SOTD list and I wanted to grab some stuff I haven't played in a year. That song was on my 2018 list (can't believe I've been doing SOTD for almost two years) and I cherry-picked some of my favorites to get started.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I have it. If you haven't played any or very much bass, it is well worth it. In just the first couple of lessons, he will have you up and running well enough that you can hold your own at a blues jam. He skips a lot of things that he assumes you already know, assuming that you are already a guitar player, which really is the point of the course.

It won't turn you into Jaco Pastorius, but it's one of the fastest ways I can imagine to make the bass something that does a lot more than just sit in the corner.
I bought it today and looked it over. It's perfect for what I need it to do. Now if only my bass would show up. (my rep just called and said they sold it out over the holidays. More on the way) :cry::cry::cry:

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Tom, which of those basses did you choose? I've got my eye on the CV 70s P-bass in Walnut, waiting for them to start shipping again...

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Went through the main course and some of the 8 Riffs videos tonight with the Rumblekat. Fun! It was cool actually understanding the arpeggios lesson, and the Mixolydian scale even made sense. Great course!

Now to get my fingers to behave. :confused:

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Went through the main course and some of the 8 Riffs videos tonight with the Rumblekat. Fun! It was cool actually understanding the arpeggios lesson, and the Mixolydian scale even made sense. Great course!

Now to get my fingers to behave. :confused:
Cool. I'll learn all those patterns on my 6 string so I'll be ready when the bass arrives.