Decision made and implemented

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Well fellow forum members, the decision is made, I will retire from gainful employment on the 31st of December. It's been over 50 years now so I reckon the time is right. Looking forward to the start of a new chapter in my life without having to get up for work in the mornings. I have been working 3 days a week for a few years now so the transition is not that dramatic. Of course, one of the down sides for you guys is that I will more than likely be putting up more second rate songs on here for your listening displeasure. ;)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Of course, one of the down sides for you guys is that I will more than likely be putting up more second rate songs on here for your listening displeasure.
Can't wait!!!!!! Congratulations Mike. I hope you have a long, happy and music filled retirement.:Beer:

sloslunas

NM Blues
Two paws up on this news Mike!! I can only think of only one downside to retiring. There is so much to do while retired...that at times you may want to go back to work just to get some rest!! It's all good brother...and a very hearty congratulations to you.

Steve

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Congrats!
As long as you keep a guitar in one hand and the forum in the other you won't regret your decision... We may, but you won't.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
a guitar in one hand and the forum in the other

Mike S. is correct BigMike. Though after 2 years at this retirement thing I have found I could use a 3rd hand once in a while. :)

What? NO! One for the forum, one for pickin' and one for frettin'! Shame on you! :rolleyes:

Just kiddin'. If you enjoy retirement as much as you look forward to it, you will be ahead of the game. :Beer:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Excellent!

When I was "working" I could never imagine doing nothing.
Then I retired and got real busy.

Looking forward to more BigMike around here.

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Guys, you are awesome, many thanks for all your good wishes and advice, much appreciated. One side note, my wife was discussing my payout and , unless I was imagining it, said "You should buy yourself a new guitar to celebrate". God I love that woman. How can I possibly disagree with her :whistle: