Solo 6...

artyman

Fareham UK
But you're getting stuck in and that's what counts (no pun intended :D ) I see you are from Eastbourne, my wife worked there before we were married. You should have come to the BGU-UK annual bash a couple of weeks ago, you would appear to have cycling in common with Don who is a regular at these events.

If you want to get some practice in take a wander down to the Virtual Jam Room and join in with a bunch of us down there.

B Roddick

Blues Newbie
But you're getting stuck in and that's what counts (no pun intended :D ) I see you are from Eastbourne, my wife worked there before we were married. You should have come to the BGU-UK annual bash a couple of weeks ago, you would appear to have cycling in common with Don who is a regular at these events.

If you want to get some practice in take a wander down to the Virtual Jam Room and join in with a bunch of us down there.

Thanks - I see you are from Fareham - my wife has family down near there and we got married at the registry office in Fareham. I only joined the forum on the day / day before the BGU-UK annual bash... I left a comment saying I'd be interested next year (I think - I definitely thought it!). I only play alone, so have no experience of jamming with others (apart from when I was a teenager many moons ago - in my first guitaring incarnation).

How does the Virtual Jam Room work? Sounds interesting (can you tell I'm a newbie at this???!!! Lol).

artyman

Fareham UK
All the info is down there, basically someone puts up a backing track, the first person jumps in and records there solo efforts over the top, reposts that version where the next person download it, I use Dropbox, next person adds their bit and uploads that, ready for the next and so on. I use Audacity (free ! ) for recording, I just load the track into it, create another track for my solo then save the combined file, upload, and post the link in the thread.

B Roddick

Blues Newbie
All the info is down there, basically someone puts up a backing track, the first person jumps in and records there solo efforts over the top, reposts that version where the next person download it, I use Dropbox, next person adds their bit and uploads that, ready for the next and so on. I use Audacity (free ! ) for recording, I just load the track into it, create another track for my solo then save the combined file, upload, and post the link in the thread.

Thanks again - the virtual jam room is hreat, I'm also using Audacity, but everything gets mixed down to one mono mix when I convert back to mp3... I'll do a bit of homework to see if I can fix it. My recordings go straight from my amp by usb, so will be mono.... bit maybe I can clone the one channel into another...

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Great job on that B.! Really nice playing! No doubt you can nail that 2nd lick with just a little practice. Looking forward to hearing more of your playing!