Georgia Blues Newbie

DavidMoye

Blues Newbie
So at 61 I decided to quit procrastinating and just buy a guitar and learn something new...So I bought a Epiphone Les Paul which I really enjoy. I enjoyed it so much I bought a Fender telecaster and a Gibson g-45. Not bad for someone who can't even play a song yet......
So after 2 months of u-tubing and a hand full of lessons(which I still take) I decided structure, structure, structure. I practice 2 hours every night and have noticed improvement however I feel as though its just scales and riffs with no ending. So I stumbled upon BGU and the old saying "lets start from the top" entered my mind. Finally structure. So far I am really enjoying the course and the methodical approach. And Blues has always been my favorite genre' . I reside in Senoia Ga. and look forward to a solid place for information
cheers

DM

JohnJ

Blues Newbie
Welcome David, My in-laws live in Palmetto. Next time the wife and I are down that way visiting maybe we could get together for a little jamming if you would like.

DavidMoye

Blues Newbie
Thanks johnj. Hopefully it will be sometime down the road so I worth jamming with. It is a journey but a fun one. Thanks for the welcome..

BigBear58

Blues Newbie
Welcome fellow old guy - also 61, but been playing on and off for a very long time. Good on ya for doing so much practice time !! Cheers from Colorado.

Cleotis

Boiled Eggs Rock
Howdy and welcome! Is Senoia Walking dead country? I spent a lot of time at the Courtyard in McDonough back in 2016 while working at ZTL in Hampton. There's some pretty girls there that work at Arby's. (y)

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Howdy and welcome! Is Senoia Walking dead country? I spent a lot of time at the Courtyard in McDonough back in 2016 while working at ZTL in Hampton. There's some pretty girls there that work at Arby's. (y)
In think Senoia is down towards Newnan, well away from Zombieland!