New member overload

KurtTrampler

Blues Newbie
New to BGU. I've been dinking with first couple of lessons, some turnarounds, and currently doing the BB King solo.

Is this a family friendly page?

In the meantime ... holy cow! I am blown away by just how much there is to explore. It is kinda unnerving.

And so, I will ease on in.

I am very curious about this forum and the best way for me to use it. I'll poke around and see what I can learn.

I'm 61. I am a process control engineer in a paper mill in NE Florida, married, 2 young'ns, my Mom, and Rosie (woof woof).

I've been playing at the guitar since I was a teen. I don't like to say I play guitar, because I know people who do ... and I'm not in that club! No, I play at the guitar.

Like many, there have been periods when I haven't played very much, but these are long ago and I can't imagine a repeat. I played a bunch in the early 80s, then not so much. Picked it up again mid-90s, but moved and started a new job and it tailed off, again. I've been rock solid now since 2012.

And can't imagine not playing.

I do many things well, but there are lots of important things I don't know. I am somewhat aware of my limits.

I only play blues, and I am starting to sing. Gotta sing if ya wanna front the band ... open mics and jams are much better, too ...

We're getting ready to hit the road to visit our son, so I'll check back later.

Cheers

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Welcome!

Family friendly?.....I'd say so:thumbup:
Once in a while somebody might utter a bad word or two but, other then a slight slip of the tongue, it's a love fest welcome to all.

A few senior members act as moderators and they do a great job of keeping this a happy place.

Dive on in the water is fine.

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, take a wander down to the basement and join us in the Virtual Jam Room to exercise your skills

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Curt, Welcome to the Forum.
You will find that any questions you have, has either been answered and can be found here on the forum, or simply ask it and usually in minutes someone around here will have an answer.
If you have (non pressing) questions for Griff, there's a section for that ( Ask Griff ) and if you have something that you only want to share with Griff, you can reach him directly by using the envelope in the upper right of your screen ans starting a conversation with him directly.

KurtTrampler

Blues Newbie
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, take a wander down to the basement and join us in the Virtual Jam Room to exercise your skills

Virtual jam room ....
I think I need to put this phone down and grab a laptop!

UK mob, eh? I've been in a FB group with some fine folks from your neck of the woods.

Learned some new words, too.

KurtTrampler

Blues Newbie
Welcome!

Family friendly?.....I'd say so:thumbup:
Once in a while somebody might utter a bad word or two but, other then a slight slip of the tongue, it's a love fest welcome to all.

A few senior members act as moderators and they do a great job of keeping this a happy place.

Dive on in the water is fine.

Thank you.

I'm in a FB group that can get pretty crude ... in a good way .... but I want to be appropriate.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
LOL

I went the other way except did not retire. USN 1978-1984, ET1.

USS Eisenhower CVN-69

Cool! My dad was on the Hancock and the Independence. His dad was on a destroyer in WWII. Pretty much all my relatives are Navy or Corps; I’m the token blue sheep of the family.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to an extremely friendly forum. No question is too big or small and we are usually in relative harmony, with no strong opinions being voiced. Ok that last part about the opinions isn't exactly right but we are friendly. The BGU FB page is also not bad and is moderated by MikeS, one of the outstanding moderators who keeps us in line here.