Pedals/Effects OCD-Ge?

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Found my 18v wire. It does sound pretty good but makes a bit of noise?

You're still a step ahead of me. I can only find the 12v adapter. For what it's worth, that adapter makes every one of my pedals noisy regardless of the voltage it is set to, so it may not be the pedal as much as the adapter.

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
You're still a step ahead of me. I can only find the 12v adapter. For what it's worth, that adapter makes every one of my pedals noisy regardless of the voltage it is set to, so it may not be the pedal as much as the adapter.
I noticed something interesting last night: I have a BD-1, EHX Soul Food and the OCD on a board. The BD and Soul Food are very quiet, by themselves or stacked. The OCCD with the 18v cable into the power brick is noticeably hissy by itself but a lot quieter when stacked with either of the others. Not what I expected. Maybe I should play with the layout of the pedals.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I noticed something interesting last night: I have a BD-1, EHX Soul Food and the OCD on a board. The BD and Soul Food are very quiet, by themselves or stacked. The OCCD with the 18v cable into the power brick is noticeably hissy by itself but a lot quieter when stacked with either of the others. Not what I expected. Maybe I should play with the layout of the pedals.
Try it with 9 volt power?

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Boss pedals have a buffer built in, so that’s most likely what’s taming it

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
Boss pedals have a buffer built in, so that’s most likely what’s taming it
That is the BD-2 you did some mods on a couple of years ago. Always keep that one on the board. If the OCD was before the Boss would the buffer still work the same way?