Pedals/Effects OCD-Ge?

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Not me I'm not buying any new pedals until I finish the hundred or so builds on my bench, well except that deal on the Siamese Twin for $99 and the Love Pedal amp eleven, and the Pantheon just because it's awesome, but other than those no more pedals for me, but I would like to know how it sounds!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I really like the tone from my Klone clone with the germanium chip. I was thinking the OCD Ge might be two pedals in one? :Beer:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Looks like I have version 1.4 - which has a Ge diode. Except I have a red LED light and not a Blue one that the below video suggests....... So I don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txHlJKghD0k

Mine is also a version 1.4 with a red LED and a serial number of 71419. The ones in the comparison video looks as though they have blue LEDs up through 1.3, but 1.4 has a red LED like mine. I think he maybe mis-spoke when he said they changed to blue in that version, especially since they were already blue. I think he meant to say that they changed to "red".

Since the 1.4 has a GE diode, I'm wondering how it compares to the OCD-Ge. I happen to *really* like the sound of mine with just about every amp I've tried it through but it's interesting to see the differences between the versions.One thing I haven't tried is to up the voltage past 9v. My understanding is that it really changes the effect. I have a universal adapter somewhere that I can take up to 18v, so once I find it I will give it a try.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Mine is also a version 1.4 with a red LED and a serial number of 71419. The ones in the comparison video looks as though they have blue LEDs up through 1.3, but 1.4 has a red LED like mine. I think he maybe mis-spoke when he said they changed to blue in that version, especially since they were already blue. I think he meant to say that they changed to "red".

Since the 1.4 has a GE diode, I'm wondering how it compares to the OCD-Ge. I happen to *really* like the sound of mine with just about every amp I've tried it through but it's interesting to see the differences between the versions.One thing I haven't tried is to up the voltage past 9v. My understanding is that it really changes the effect. I have a universal adapter somewhere that I can take up to 18v, so once I find it I will give it a try.
The additional GE Diode is going to make it much more prevalent in the tone and GE diodes do tend to get fuzzy as you push the gain and clean up as you back it down

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
I recently bought an OCD from Griff's Pedal Purge Emporium. So far I'm liking it a lot though I'm still moving it around and fiddling a bit. Has anyone tried running one of these on 18V? I'm looking around for an 18v cable that I know came with the power supply I bought some years back.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Interesting thread; had me dragging out mine and trying to figure out what version it is. Near as I can tell it's probably a v1.7; there's no indication inside, just a manufacture date, and the serial number is in the 150k range which is hella outside the ones listed on the web sites I could find.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Interesting thread; had me dragging out mine and trying to figure out what version it is. Near as I can tell it's probably a v1.7; there's no indication inside, just a manufacture date, and the serial number is in the 150k range which is hella outside the ones listed on the web sites I could find.

If i you open it up, the version number and assembly date is handwritten inside. EDIT, I just noticed that you already looked inside. You can probably just call Fulltone and ask them.

Last edited:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I recently bought an OCD from Griff's Pedal Purge Emporium. So far I'm liking it a lot though I'm still moving it around and fiddling a bit. Has anyone tried running one of these on 18V? I'm looking around for an 18v cable that I know came with the power supply I bought some years back.

I think I have tried up to 12v with mine and it was sounding pretty good but it's been a few years so I don't remember exactly how it sounded different. I have been looking for my universal power adapter that should go up to 18 to see what that sounds like.

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
I think I have tried up to 12v with mine and it was sounding pretty good but it's been a few years so I don't remember exactly how it sounded different. I have been looking for my universal power adapter that should go up to 18 to see what that sounds like.
We'll see who finds their 18v wire first and let the other know how it goes. I'm not expecting anything too big.

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
Found my 18v wire. It does sound pretty good but makes a bit of noise?