Another challenge on the horizon

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Place is jammed. WOW
I took a few pictures before our set, but the files are too large and I haven't figured out how to reduce them on my MacBook Air. Anybody know the best way to do that? My wife was sick and didn't go, so I don't know if there is any video out there. Anyway........
This was a big deal for this small town. My guess is there were 300 people near the stage. Many more on the festival grounds They had professionals running the sound supposedly, but we really didn't get a proper sound check, so I missed some verbal cues because of that. Our keyboard player was ready in plenty of time. :whistle: It just went ok. We did two songs before we brought Mick up. It was totally different throwing another guitar player in the mix. Somebody was playing in the wrong key for a couple songs. I suspect it was Mick. One rehearsal was not enough of course. I wouldn't be in a hurry to back up somebody again to be truthful. It was cool meeting Mick. We all thought Mick played the harmonica also, but he uses Victor Wainright and Brandon Santini a lot I guess. He knows a lot of people in the blues world. He spends a lot of time in Memphis and Nashville. He's 70 miles from Memphis and the club in the video is in Clarksdale MS, and Morgan Freeman is part owner. So it was another learning experience. We have another gig in two weeks and I suspect it will go much better.
FYI He doesn't play any lead, so I handled that and the fills. At practice he was watching my fretting hand to figure out what chords I was playing. I finally said that I don't play any barre chords. He kind of looked at me funny. LOL. Not a BGU guy I guess. :D:p He's barre chords all the way. (n)

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I took a few pictures before our set, but the files are too large and I haven't figured out how to reduce them on my MacBook Air. Anybody know the best way to do that?
If the pictures are too large you can use the Preview app to reduce the size. Open the picture in Preview, go to the tools menu and select Adjust size... and reduce the size of the picture which will make the file smaller. You can also reduce the number of pixels by opening it in Preview then doing an export and at the bottom select JPEG and reduce the quality.

Alternatively you can use an online file reducer or use a picture hosting site and just add the link with the picture icon in the editor tool bar.

Or get photoshop ($$$) or GIMP (free). :LOL:

Eric

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
If the pictures are too large you can use the Preview app to reduce the size. Open the picture in Preview, go to the tools menu and select Adjust size... and reduce the size of the picture which will make the file smaller. You can also reduce the number of pixels by opening it in Preview then doing an export and at the bottom select JPEG and reduce the quality.

Alternatively you can use an online file reducer or use a picture hosting site and just add the link with the picture icon in the editor tool bar.

Or get photoshop ($$$) or GIMP (free). :LOL:

Eric
Thanks. I'll try that. (y):Beer: