Different Type Of Gig (for us),

arock

Help! I'm a rock
My band, Bad Decisions, has been asked to play for a private party at a gated community called Lake Sherwood Estates on June 29th. It is for their annual community bbq. This is the first private event for us, and we weren't looking for it. This is a very nice place, has seven lakes, I believe...a really large, old established community.It is only about 15 minutes from where I live. Funny thing, our drummer lives there, and that is where we rehearse, but he had nothing to do with getting us the gig. The guy in charge of putting it together, and his wife, were at our last gig. He liked us a lot, and contacted us about playing. The drummer has lived there less than a year, and wasn't even aware of an event. Good opportunity for us, plus it pays really well. And, free beer and bbq!

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
Nice area :thumbup: we looked at a place there before we ended up buying at Innsbrook. Good luck...should be fun :cool:!

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
some of those private gigs can be pretty cool, the go go's did one near us, I got to help with sounds

arock

Help! I'm a rock
How'd it go?
Was just getting ready to post a picture when I saw your inquiry. The gig went great! Large crowd out partying, and they had a great time! I will say, though, it was HOT!! Mid 90's, with high humidity....typical mid-west weather. Gig was scheduled from 4-8, so when we started setting up around 2, it was brutal. Fortunately, we were under a pavilion, and we had good fans, plus I kept bandanas in my cooler on ice with the water and beer. Rotating those out between sets helped. Anyway, we had a great time! We have gigs coming up in 2 weeks, then another gig 2 weeks after that...glad they are indoors. Next outdoor gig is in September. Here is a picture from Saturday.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hsa1scnwofahvo/SherwoodEstatesGig.jpg?dl=0