Sweetwater...

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I work really hard to steer my business to my local music shop, and they make it easy as they'll generally order anything they don't normally stock at a competitive price. Still, every now and then, I have to bow to the candy bag. :Beer:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I have two guitars, including my most recent one, that someone else bought from Sweetwater. In both cases they barely played them, then sold them at a substantial discount on Reverb.com. You don't get any candy doing it that way though. ;)

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I have two guitars, including my most recent one, that someone else bought from Sweetwater. In both cases they barely played them, then sold them at a substantial discount on Reverb.com. You don't get any candy doing it that way though. ;)
Well the heck with that plan then!

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
This one is from SweetWater ...

I'm trying to ignore the other new 2019 PR SE Santana in gold. I may be losing the battle. I used to be a Gibson guy but I have lost my brand integrity dang it.

IMG_0194.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    828 KB · Views: 5

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Bought my first guitar from SW 6 years ago. It was a decent size bag of candy but wasn’t impressed with the selection. Bought my next guitar from them 3 years ago and I got some candy but was not impressed. 3 candy cane mints (like you get out of a free bowl at a restaurant after your meal) and 2 little tootsie rolls. I like the guitar but if you call that a free bag of candy and that’s what you are sending now, don’t bother. :thumbdown::(

Last edited:

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
And then now and again they completely buy out a manufactures stock and then sell them at lower prices. Those darn business peoples! That's how I got my Gibson SG Derek Trucks Artist............ and also my Joe Banamassa Way Huge Overrated Special pedal!!

Last edited:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I am jonesing for the nita strauss Ibanez S
That one, one of the PRS Paul's Guitar SE models, and I still need to get an iced tea Epi 335 (American Musical though - can't get that one at Sweetwater).

The last couple of years just about everything I've bought has been used. Kevin, my Sweetwater guy, still calls me about once a quarter. Left me a voicemail last week in fact. I haven't mentioned Sweetwater in my Guitar Gear Anon meetings because I know they'd just tell me I need to cut them out of my life. I'm just not willing to do that yet because they're my friends. They love me. They show me all the new shinies that I can't live without. Dang it! Now I've got the itch. Brb. Gotta go buy something so I can see if they send me peppermints and atomic fireballs or tootsie rolls and bit o'honey.

sloslunas

NM Blues
I'm going there on Friday, Steve, to see Shepard and Fish in the quonset hut out on the back lot. Would you like me to give your rep a piece of your mind while I'm there? :whistle::Beer:

Eric
Now Eric...you know that you will just get yourself in trouble over there! But while you are at it, tell Mr. Oppenheim to send me some more candy. I will let him choose the guitar that comes with it...

Steve

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Now Eric...you know that you will just get yourself in trouble over there! But while you are at it, tell Mr. Oppenheim to send me some more candy. I will let him choose the guitar that comes with it...

Steve
Last time I spoke to my technical sales rep at Sweetwater he was trying to talk me into a PRS........... :Beer:

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues

Steve
I'll be ok. Kenny Wayne and Samantha were kind enough to schedule their gig the Friday before Gear Fest! We'll have gone south to Indianapolis and had our Mizithra Cheese with browned butter at the Old Spaghetti Factory and returned to Detroit days before Gear Fest starts. Had they been there next week I might get into trouble. Though, I have two acoustics and two electrics already so I can't imagine what I'd buy there. :rolleyes:

By the way, my rep says don't worry about the candy as they can open a card account for you with 48 payments same as cash, no interest :whistle:

Eric