Hello from the UK

Steve_Smith

Blues Newbie
Hi everyone.
Im from Leicester in the U.K. and I’ve been wanting to learn to play the guitar, specifically the Blues, for a number of years with a few failed attempts in between and I have just purchased the Beginners Blues Course as I really like the idea of learning to play the guitar but with a Blues structure.
I am determined to stick to it this time and my long term goal is to play in a Blues Jam Night.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Go for it Steve!!!!! Welcome to the forum. You've chosen a great instructor to take you there. There's a BGU UK Live event on the 8th November at The Bell, Driffield. Yorkshire. They are great places to meet likeminded people. Artyman will keep you right on this one. Enjoy the ride.(y)

steve o

Student Of The Blues
You are on the right track Steve, Griff will take you as far as you want to go!!!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Steve Welcome to the Forum. Keep an eye out for some of your compatriots lurking on the forum.

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum, as already mentioned the annual gettogether is on the weekend 9/10th of November though most of us arrive on the Friday. I went to my first four years ago as a very nervous beginner, and had a great time so it's really recommended. Chris Hurst (obsidianskies) is the man who is co-ordinating it, if you are interested give me a shout and I'll let you have Chris's email address.

Steve_Smith

Blues Newbie
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone, I really do appreciate it.

As the annual get together @artyman its definitely something I may be interested in thank you

Steve_Smith

Blues Newbie
Thanks for the welcome john, not sure im ready to post tracks just yet as still need to figure that one out but will definately post some of my progress soon

Steve_Smith

Blues Newbie
Thank you for the welcomes Mike and Ron.

Just started the Beginners Course and really enjoying the website and forum