Another challenge on the horizon

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Anybody ever heard of Mick Kolassa? I never did until recently. He's a SW Michigan guy who grew up with the keyboard player in our band. He's now based in Mississippi, so he calls himself Michissippi Mick. :D He'll be playing in Sturgis MI on August 10th minus his band, so we'll be backing him up. He was playing last night in Three Rivers MI, so we all went to check out his show. Very entertaining. His guitar player is killer, so I've got some huge shoes to attempt to fill. He had some great stories to tell. He does a slow blues version of Lady Madonna. He was approached by a lady after one of his shows who requested 3 of his cd's. She was John Lennons sister. One of the cd's went to Paul McCartney, who later contacted him and told him that he liked what he did with that song. It's on Youtube if interested. So he gave us a list of 10 songs to work on. He also said he would try to get in 2 rehearsals before the show. Anyway, this one is on the list. No wonder I keep getting sidetracked from Griff's courses, but his courses made all this possible. :p