Clarification of Intro to Strumming in BBG 2.0

TerryMay

Blues Newbie
On page 19 of printed manual under heading of “Strumming” in BBG 2.0 I have encountered a paragraph between example 12 straight feel and example 13 swing feel printed in Bold Type as follows “count example 8 and 9 out loud, etc.”. If I am not mistaken should that not read example 12 and 13.

Example 8 and 9 take you back to Second licks pictured on page 12 and 13 learning note picking.

I have searched for other posts about this event, if I have missed it, I apologize,

Thanks for the clarification,

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Since you haven't gotten an "official" response, I'd go along with what you are saying.

The idea is to make sure you understand the difference between, and can count, "straight" and "swing" feels, which he demonstrates in Examples 12 & 13 in the video.

I compared this to the original manual and he has expanded this section.

I'm pretty sure it's just a typo made in the process of re-editing an entire manual and the boldface should probably come after Ex 13 and say "examples 12 and 13".

Then he goes on and plays a 12-bar in both feels, examples 14 & 15.

Then he stresses, again, how important it is that you can count through these examples, i.e. it's really important.:sneaky:

Last edited:

TerryMay

Blues Newbie
Since you haven't gotten an "official" response, I'd go along with what you are saying.

The idea is to make sure you understand the difference between, and can count, "straight" and "swing" feels, which he demonstrates in Examples 12 & 13 in the video.

I compared this to the original manual and he has expanded this section.

I'm pretty sure it's just a typo made in the process of re-editing an entire manual and the boldface should probably come after Ex 13 and say "examples 12 and 13".

Then he goes on and plays a 12-bar in both feels, examples 14 & 15.

Then he stresses, again, how important it is that you can count through these examples, i.e. it's really important.:sneaky:

Thank you for doing the research with the original manual, I like you, wondered if this was possibly a new addition to 2.0.
I have to agree with your response, so back to my lesson.

Thanks again,