R.I.P. Chuck

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I heard from Chuck's daughter that Chuck passed peacefully early this morning holding his wife's hand with his family by his side.

Chuck was a great man and one of my best friends in this world, I'll miss him terribly and this forum owes him a debt of gratitude for his relentless enthusiasm for all things BGU.

Griff

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Very sad day, indeed. I"m passing along a Facebook post from Chuck's daughter, Marcie from this morning, March 21, 2019.

"My dad passed away today. Although we were expecting it, it certainly doesn’t make it any easier. He went very peacefully at home while holding my mom’s hand.

He fought Stage IV lung cancer for for two years and never gave up hope. I am thankful for the extra time his treatment allowed us to have with him. Despite being in a lot of pain, he had a lot of reasons to keep going and never considered stopping treatment. As recently as two weeks ago, he was still eager to try another treatment. I am very thankful for the happy memories we made in the past two years - weddings, holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, birth announcements.

He was a wonderful father, husband, grandfather, and friend. He was effortlessly funny and always so much fun to be around, telling jokes until the very end. We will miss him so much.

I appreciate everyone that reached out to him and my family - we all felt very loved and supported. A special thanks to Griff and Laura Hamlin who reached out from Blues Guitar Unleashed and played guitar for him over speakerphone during hospice. It brought him so much joy and is a memory I'll treasure forever."

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Thank You, Chuck

Chuck2.jpg

Thanks for being a great friend and one of the first people I met at my first BGU in 2012.
Thanks for being one of the most positive people I've ever met.
Thanks for being such a conscientious moderator on this forum.
Thanks for picking up the phone and just shooting the shit, rather than hitting "reply" to a question.
Thanks for the advice when I needed it when I started as a moderator.
Most of all, thanks for the opportunity to know you and call you my friend.

May you be in heaven a week before the devil knows you've gone.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Chuck was the first person to welcome me to the BGU forum and his personality, humor and caring would always shine through.
I don't know how to express how much I will miss someone that has become like a brother to me over the past years.
Where I've eagerly looked forward to BGU live events in the past I will, at least for now, look forward to them with sadness, knowing that Chuck won't be there.
This earth will not be a bright without him in it.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Chuck was also the first person to welcome me on the forum in 2012, and after many forum conversations I'm glad that I got the chance to meet him at Arrowhead in 2017 where he made it a point to find me and introduce himself personally. I had been thinking about him recently and wondering how he was doing. Condolences and prayers for his family and friends.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
R.I.P. Chuck, with condolences to his family and Griff, and all his BGU brothers and sisters.

JohnMcCloud

Blues Newbie
Just got all access this week. Just logged on to forum and was hit with this news.
If there is one thing I'm confident of, it's that there's music in heaven. And if there's
music there has to be biues. Find the club where your favorite blues guitar man plays
Chuck. Enjoy him! There's no cancer and no pain up there. RIP

artyman

Fareham UK
As I said in the other thread and although I've not had any direct contact with Chuck, other than his role as a moderator of the forum, thoughts and prayers for the family. We can rejoice that we were able to share in his life in some way or other.