Picks and Fingers Speed

Cornfield

Blues Newbie
I think, "boy I got this" with each Example of the Picks and Fingers lessons, then Griff says "Let's pick up the pace a little bit". That's when I want to do my Pete Townsend impression and send another guitar to the luthier for repairs.
Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Been there, done that ... more times than I’d care to remember :cry:

But I always come back for more. Kind of like golf.

Eric

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Just keep stretching yourself out then drop back a little, it'll get there
so true, I used to always do the play slow to get quick thing, worked until my first blues jam, I was on barre 1 and they were playing barre 12

now, I try to go faster, make the mistakes, then go back and play proper

Cornfield

Blues Newbie
I've never liked using flat picks. I even play the mandolin with bare fingers. Since I got some of Griff's lessons I have been religiously using flat picks. Up til now I've used my 1.00 Clayton Acetal picks https://steveclaytonstore.com/product/acetal-triangle/ . They are pretty big but easy to grip. Today I switched to a smaller, tear drop shaped pick.
With the smaller pick, I'm able to pick up a little speed.

Telypaul

Blues Newbie
I never realised just how bad my coordination was unit I started into lesson, for me its like starting from scratch and have never played before (playing nearly 60yrs halfway through BGU2)will I ever get past lesson 2? I have a thumb that insists on playing between the beats and other fingers that refuses to play with my thumb.