Tarnished Pickup Covers

Gunrunner

Blues and Bird Dogs
Hey gang, anyone know of anything to restore pickup covers to their original luster? I’ve used Flitz on jewelry and guns, works great but I don’t know if that would be too aggressive on pickups. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Mike

Mickey Duane

Used To Be A Rock Star
Whatever you do, do not use steel wool. It will attach to the magnets and could short out the pickups. How do I know? Well, I was polishing my frets and got some steel wool dust in the neck pickup and killed it.

That's nice to know - think I killed a couple pickups 30 years or so ago - didn't know

Peace

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I've been using Solvol Autosol on my motorcycles for about 40 yrs, and have never been disappointed.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I've recently started drinking the Music Nomad koolaid. They seem to have some pretty good stuff out there. I've got the polish linked below, and it seems to be as good as any, but I haven't tried it on pickups yet. Both links go to the same stuff, just one on Amazon and the other on the Music Nomad site.

Amazon

Music Nomad site

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Me too but was Airman and '80s (y)

We used bug juice (a Kool Aid type drink) in the Navy. It worked to shine any metal. And yes, it was served on the mess decks and wasn't too bad.