yeah, I did that

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
So, in my guitar room I have a humidifier, Southern California, it can get dry. Its just a small one to keep the humidity between 42% and 48%

Then I thought, hey, listerine kills germs and stuff in your mouth, I wonder.......hmmmmmmmm

You can see where this is going, apparently 3 tablespoons is too much

But, my guitar room is minty fresh

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
on certain things........like I line up my M&M's by color. I was thinking I dont want to have water go bad in the humidifier then breathe it in, so it kind of made sense to put it in there
Go to a pool supply, chlorine tablets and aglaecide

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
So, in my guitar room I have a humidifier, Southern California, it can get dry. Its just a small one to keep the humidity between 42% and 48%

Then I thought, hey, listerine kills germs and stuff in your mouth, I wonder.......hmmmmmmmm

You can see where this is going, apparently 3 tablespoons is too much

But, my guitar room is minty fresh
It's kind of like that pine fresh bathroom spray, doesn't kill the odor just makes it smell like you crapped a Christmas tree!

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Alcohol-free Listerine? Otherwise you're atomizing alcohol which doesn't help your humidity But it should get your equipment ready for a bar gig

JN99

Hang Fire
Distilled water - if you run a humidifier long enough and don't use distilled water you will end up with a nasty film on everything in the room. Learned this the hard way :(

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
May depend on the humidifier. Here in Colorado tons of house have whole-house de-humidifier for those really dry winter months, and they come with a pad that is supposed to capture minerals and the like.