TrueFire - Your Private 60-Minute Shopping Spree!

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
From TrueFire - Set your timer and for 60 minutes, any course or in the jam you put in your cart is 50% off... essentially a 50% of deal... ends Sept 24th.

Sounds like a good deal to me... got a few in mind already!

BTW No other discounts apply...

Shopping Spree

Last edited:

jammoore99

Blues Newbie
Thanks for the heads up and the link. I have a few True Fire courses which I've enjoyed. A 50% deal is nothing to turn your back on; I'll have to take a look.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Damn you @JestMe!!!!! :rolleyes:o_O

That sale also includes the "In The Jam" series which are expensive. And I had been thinking about the Robben Ford and Robie Calvo ones. Thiose look like a lot of fun but above my pay grade at this point. but if a guy were to get them at half off now may be the time.

Thanks for the heads up.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Ron

I don't think you will get a better deal than half off...

I think there are still a few TF courses you don't have yet! ;-)

Hope all is well!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Gotta give this a good think. I have the all-access subscription but the spending spree would open up the titles I can get offline. Value proposition evaluation time! :Beer:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I got bit. God Robert Renman's Bluse Booster and Robben Ford's Blues Revolution. The Robben Ford course was a $78.00 course so I saved a good bit.

Last edited:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
You hate me. You really hate me. lol

Now to decide which of Larry Carlton's courses I'm going to pick up. Thanks for the link!! :thumbup:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I have played through at least half of Robben Ford's Blues Revolution course and so far am disappointed. So far it is just a lot of talk about how he developed into the player he is today ... who he listened to, what he practiced, stuff like that, with little to no actual instruction on how to do any of it.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
I have played through at least half of Robben Ford's Blues Revolution course and so far am disappointed. So far it is just a lot of talk about how he developed into the player he is today ... who he listened to, what he practiced, stuff like that, with little to no actual instruction on how to do any of it.
Well, that's disappointing since I bought "Blues Revolution" quite awhile ago (and paid full price) and just haven't opened it yet. I've glanced at Blues Booster, which I also own (of course) and it looks great. I'm surprised Robert Renman hasn't produced more for TrueFire. He is a really good instructor and I've taken a few SKYPE lessons with him.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I got the Play Blues Guitar 2, Rhythm and Lead Fundamentals course on one of the sales a while back. It is one of True Fire's courses with multiple instructors. After using it for a while I looked into more of Corey Congilio's courses.
It is geared for late beginner to intermediate players and is pretty basic. If you have BGU, you don't need it but may find it amusing. I still use it sometimes for something different to practice.
I haven't tried any of the other Play Blues courses.
If you have any more specific questions I'll try to answer them.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member

I've found that with Robben's courses. I know some people have gone to his live workshops and liked them, but his teaching style on the Truefire courses is not for me. My favorites on Truefire for blues are Jeff McErlain and Corey Coniglio.

I'm surprised Robert Renman hasn't produced more for TrueFire. He is a really good instructor and I've taken a few SKYPE lessons with him.

Yeah, I like Robert as well. I've got quite a few of his courses. He's really thorough and his style often fits mine. Met him at NAMM the past two years and he's a really nice guy as well.

Last edited:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues

I hate when I shell out bucks to buy a course that is not what I expected it to be! I understand the feeling...

TF has a very understanding return policy... I bet if you contacted them and asked to return or exchange this ... or any recently purchased course they would do it for you.... Give them a call and let us know how it goes!

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
While I like Sonny Landreth, and Jeff McErlain styles, Brad Carlton has a ton of courses out there and he manages to break things down very simply.

Instead of overloading you with content he gives you simple concepts and exercises, and a variety of ways to make you think about applying them.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
While I like Sonny Landreth, and Jeff McErlain styles, Brad Carlton has a ton of courses out there and he manages to break things down very simply.

Instead of overloading you with content he gives you simple concepts and exercises, and a variety of ways to make you think about applying them.
I agree, but you must be careful with Brad's courses some will find you way in over your head, he does some very advanced concepts as well.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I've found that with Robben's courses. I know some people have gone to his live workshops and liked them, but his teaching style on the Truefire courses is not for me. My favorites on Truefire for blues are Jeff McErlain and Corey Coniglio.

Yeah, I like Robert as well. I've got quite a few of his courses. He's really thorough and his style often fits mine. Met him at NAMM the past two years and he's a really nice guy as well.

I went to a Robben Ford workshop a couple years ago and one of the first things he said was that he tends to any given workshop however the mood strikes him. I was pretty lucky that day but I can easily see how everyone's experience could be different.