Recycled - Clean Track with Bongos in A

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
No, I was playing the triangle.

LOL:sneaky: i did not hear any triangle:LOL:...i will rephrase ...i never thought of using bongo's for beat (rhythm) good idea...so it must have been You playing the bongo's(y)..vs someones prerecorded jamtrack...and i would have never thought of using bongo's...that being said ...now i will have to buy me some Bongo's ..and Griff will have to start a new BGU lesson coarse..Bongo's Unleashed

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks again Papa.

Kommetjie,
Nice take on that.

I've been noodling around with that for a while here.
Cool track(y)

JohnF

Blues Junior
Kommetjie, interesting take. What was that lick or melody you were playing? It reminded me of an old western soundtrack. Nice.

Completely out of nowhere... I was just testing my pedal board feed to PC, and refreshing myself on the ins and outs of Audacity. I happened to have this old mp3 from the Virtual Jam Room on my desktop, so I loaded it in as my test case and hit record... much to my surprise, proceeded to lay down a decent one-off. Now, I am not known for one-offs... my specialty was always spending weeks on something I intended to let others hear.

This is a total 180 from Kommetjie's tasty take. No theme, no preparatory tweaking or fiddling with controls, and no effects other than a little OD, so a bit dry and generic all around. But, if I go through all that and try to record again, the stakes would be raised, and it would probably require many takes to get one I'd be satisfied with, so I'm taking the easy way out. :)

So now the final test... get a file uploaded to Dropbox, share the link, and see how everything checks out. I felt safer experimenting with this track cause it seemed to have stalled anyway.

FYI... I think the bongos are groovy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/acou0eb5wxnkxkq/FriesWithThatInA-02.mp3?dl=0

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Couldn't resist a bit of fun.:D Started off with a well known lick. (well if it's good enough for Kommetjie, then it's good enough for me):ROFLMAO: Restricted myself to Box1 at the 5th fret. (Papa did that on the Rumba track and I thought it was a good idea as it really makes you think about what you're playing) Tried the bridge pickup for a change, and a random tone from Helix Native, which is quite piercing so if your listening on headphones keep it low.:) Took it from 6.12 - 7.44

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/048ow5y2bolxy00/BongoBop in A.mp3?dl=0

Last edited: