Annie's Little Mary's Lamb

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Sounding pretty good!  That B7 is a bear but once you got it you will hit it first time, every time. It sounds to me like you are super close to that point. Maybe take a short break to brush up on past accomplishments, start in on the next lesson and then come back to it.

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
Nicely done.  Like the others said......move on to something else but come back to this and you might surprise yourself as to how well you do the next time.

Griff's course is excellent in that each "lesson" or "song" inculcates new skills, often times building off of previous skills learned.

roozy

Blues Newbie
Sounding good....  I think we all stumbled at the B7.  I know I did, and still do once in a while.  Sometimes just for the hell of it, I roll out of it into a I-IV-V chord progression for 12 or 24 more bars.  Or I'll intro it with 12 or 24 bars of strumming.  Let's me do some different strum patterns and dink around for a couple minutes of straight play time.  Also gives me that much needed practice of switching between strumming and soloing.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Sounding good....  [glow=yellow,2,300]I think we all stumbled at the B7.  I know I did[/glow], and still do once in a while.  Sometimes just for the hell of it, I roll out of it into a I-IV-V chord progression for 12 or 24 more bars.  Or I'll intro it with 12 or 24 bars of strumming.  Let's me do some different strum patterns and dink around for a couple minutes of straight play time.  Also gives me that much needed practice of switching between strumming and soloing.

It's all good Annie!  keep play'n!!!   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jklawman@yahoo.com

Blues Newbie
BINGO!!!

You're doing great. This is one of my favorite warm ups/cool downs. Fun to play.

Play it every day if you like it. It only take a minute or 2 and will help with your B7.

TimeZero

Blues Newbie
Since I'm just new to the neighborhood, would you let me know where this originated? A course/warm-up of Griff's?

I like the tune, by the way, and you sounded great to me!

Thanks!!

-James

Annie

On my way
Since I'm just new to the neighborhood, would you let me know where this originated? A course/warm-up of Griff's?

I like the tune, by the way, and you sounded great to me!

Thanks!!

-James

This is Little Mary's Lamb based on a Buddy Guy classic and similar to SRV's Mary had a Little Lamb. It is towards the end of Griff's course Beginning Blues Guitar or also known as BBG. If your just starting out its a great course to learn all the basics. Good Luck.

TimeZero

Blues Newbie
Thanks, Annie. This is amusing timing - I was just listening to SRV's version of Mary Had a Little Lamb yesterday, right before I logged on here.

-James