Best amp for blues beginners

david moon

Attempting the Blues
For any lesson, you don't need to work on it from the top every time. You can focus on a measure or two where you have difficulty, like making the chord changes in time. Work on that rough spot and then go back and take it from the top.

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
Here you go , dont forget there are 30 preset tones in the editer allready you can tweak and save to your five amp presets, obviously set up the editer on your pc :)

Delux

G M B M T boutique 212 cab
6.2 9.2 6.5 5.9 7.5

Reverb Plate time pre level
2.7 0.1 7

Class A

5.6 10 5.8 5.1 4.8

echo time feedback level
340 2.1 3.4

Reverb plate time pre level
1.5 .24 6.1

US Blues

G M B M T american 112cab
10 9.3 7.7 9.3 0.8

Tape time feedback level
390 2.1 1.8

2 .19 6

Brit Blues
G M B M T Britblues 212 cab
5.2 10 6.3 5 3.6

echo time feedback level
3.8 2.1 2.6

Reverb spring rev filter
4 5.6

I have missed out several programable parameters from the reverb as left them as they were , pretty obvious when you have the editer in front of you

Bloody hell spent ages putting the values under the right thing but when i save it ,all goes to pot, still workable though, G=gain etc just work left to right

Thomahawk

Blues Newbie
Here you go , dont forget there are 30 preset tones in the editer allready you can tweak and save to your five amp presets, obviously set up the editer on your pc :)

Delux

6.2 9.2 6.5 5.9 7.5

Reverb Plate time pre level
2.7 0.1 7

Class A

5.6 10 5.8 5.1 4.8

echo time feedback level
340 2.1 3.4

1.5 .24 6.1

US Blues

G M B M T american 112cab
10 9.3 7.7 9.3 0.8

Tape time feedback level
390 2.1 1.8

2 .19 6

Brit Blues
G M B M T Britblues 212 cab
5.2 10 6.3 5 3.6

echo time feedback level
3.8 2.1 2.6

Reverb spring rev filter
4 5.6

I have missed out several programable parameters from the reverb as left them as they were , pretty obvious when you have the editer in front of you

Bloody hell spent ages putting the values under the right thing but when i save it ,all goes to pot, still workable though, G=gain etc just work left to right
Amazing thanks a lot !!
Can't wait to try them all !!!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
The (current) forum software strips out extra spaces. There's a topic in the Forum Tech Questions about this. The only workaround if you really want things to line up, for example, chords above lyrics, is to do it in Word and then save as pdf. The pdf can be an attachment or you can link to it if you put it in dropbox or similar.

TerryH

Blues Newbie
Hope you don't mind me jumping in and using some of those settings, Bill.
So far I have just been tweaking the presets. I love the way you can change the cabinets.

Norfolk Bill

Not at all :) , once you get it loaded there are 30 factory presets you can tweak and save to your amp if you like, i have mine permantly attached to my laptop with usb so i use it as a speaker system and play and record if i want to.
Or i use my vox through the line in on the lap top and use the thr as a moniter
I didnt show anything for the DrZ model preset as i have the fifth one saved as an acoustic option for my electro acoustic guitar

Norfolk Bill

One thing you will notice if you use it for recording is that the recording volume is set pretty low so you will have to use audacity (or whatever your using) to up the volume , quite handy really then you can set it accordingly if following some body in the VJR for example

TerryH

Blues Newbie
I haven't used the audacity yet for recording, but I have been using the editor software a lot. It's brilliant. Really easy to use.

Norfolk Bill

Hi sorry that was directed at Tom45 :) , but yes they are a very very good amp for home use and surprisingly loud with the volume up 3/4 , the master volume also adds to it, i generally run this on near max and adjust the gain to taste
But as ever depends what your rig is ;)

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
I haven't played with mine for recording but I believe it actually puts out both a wet and dry signal (i.e. with and without the modelling).

not sure how you choose. However if it sounds bad you could be picking up the wrong channel.

cheers

Al.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
VOX valvetronix, 15 watt, get um for $100 or less is a good place to start. It's got 8 (I think) modeler amp sounds and I think around 6 effects. I personally liked the AC 30 sound...with a little delay...jmop...

Tom45

Blues Newbie
Thanks Billrand, I haven't looked at the manual for a long time but did find the info on page 16. When I first got the amp I was overwhelmed with all the settings to play with so I never bothered with the editor. I was happy with the sounds I was getting without the editor, but may check it out. But first I'm going to play with the settings you posted. Thanks!:)

Norfolk Bill

well all those settings were based on readings from the editer,would be impossible to replicate without using it ,though I guess that's mainly the reverb and echo settings, ,but I would definatly use the editor, you will be surprised how easy it actually is

Norfolk Bill

plus as i said earlier there are another 30 factory presets in there you can tweak and save to the amp if you wish. Or leave it connected via usb, and all you do is click on them and there they are through the amp. Your missing a lot without it to be honest

TerryH

Blues Newbie
You have done all of us THR newbies a real service posting those settings Bill. I was really struggling to find a class A lead tone. I knew it was there, but I couldn't quite get it right. Your settings are spot on. Exactly the tone I had in my head.:)