I Believe - OK getting the hang of it!

brooklynblues

Blues Newbie
Still have some work but getting the hang of it! Man this is fun!!!!   Loving it!  Can't wait to finish the song.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-langella/i-believe-intro-first-and-second-verse

brooklynblues

Blues Newbie
Thanks Steve. Which fill are you talking about? I know that I really struggled with a few of the fills and riffs. I have a long way to go, but having fun, and frustration :)

Steve_Sawyer

Blues Newbie
Thanks Steve. Which fill are you talking about?
The very first one after the first vocal line. For some reason, the muscle memory is just refusing to kick in. Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe it's just sufficiently different from other licks that I have in the muscle memory bank.

It'll come eventually.

brooklynblues

Blues Newbie
The very first one after the first vocal line. For some reason, the muscle memory is just refusing to kick in. Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe it's just sufficiently different from other licks that I have in the muscle memory bank.

It'll come eventually.

Right after "I believe, my baby's going out on me" that little lick that's done 2 times. Yes that was brutal for me and I thought I would never get it and if you listen close I still don't have it down perfect. But one think I learned. I don't have to. Its about having fun! If I am in the ballpark then I am good to go. I am not too concerned about getting it note for note with Griff's playing because I will never be as good as Griff. But if I can play it, and it sounds good. then that's good enough for me :)

But yes it was difficult and I am practicing more and more and will get it down soon as well. Keep it up my friend! It will come!

steve

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Yeah that sounded real nice Steve. I started this one some time ago and just got back to it. I also think your observations about not having to have it note for note, exactly as tabbed, are spot on.